Enabling network credentials all the time

Closed
Eugene - Jun 25, 2010 at 09:52 AM
 Eugene - Jun 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM
Hello,

Hi all experts, what if i don't want to logoff, reboot or even use net use todelete the connection? i want windows to ask for the credentials everytime i want to login to the network? like xp home? but in xp pro? is it possible?
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 25, 2010 at 10:51 AM
Hi there,

To reply to this question please give a good definition with correct informations.

Thanks
Hi there.
Ok this is the scenario. I have a Seagate NAS connected to a network with 5 Pcs running on XP Pro in a workgroup environment. The NAS is cofigured with users and their own passwords. They will have access limitation to folders. The problem is the moment they click on a folder in the NAS, Windows will pop up a box for them to key in their credentials. I need the windows to ask for their credentials everytime they reopen the NAS rather than logging off or reboot the system. I even tried using .bat file to net use delete the connection before creating a connection to the NAS. the command is something like this

start net use /delete * /y
start net use (this is to make sure there are no more connections)
start explorer \\nas

but still it doesnt work 100%
any ideas mate?