Windows Installer Service

Closed
sheepbane - Jun 23, 2010 at 09:21 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Hello, So a spiteful roommate ripped a Ethernet cord out of the back of my computer and i froze my comp. When i booted up nothing worked. after a bit of toying around i managed to get my mouse and keyboard working and now i can connect to firefox. It still wont let me play sound, connect to msn, move any of my desktop icons, or see anything on my start bar that i would minimize. I tryed to install a registry cleaner and I get a pop up saying the windows installer service could not be accessed.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 24, 2010 at 12:17 AM
Hi,

try this 1,

Click on start-->run-->type services.msc-->click on ok-->services window will be

opened--> at right side,scroll down for the windows installer---> double click on

the windows installer-->Windows Installer Properties window will be opened.

Set Startup type to " Automatic" from the dropdown men--->then click on start

button--> click on OK--->close the servies window--> Now try to install the

application.

if the problem still exits, click on this link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2642495/the-windows-installer-service-could-not-be-accessed-error-when-you-try

follow the instructions.