Computer freezes and slows down

Closed
chrisrocksface - Jun 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM
 Steven - Jul 7, 2010 at 09:22 AM
It's not a virus, I formatted my Hard drive and reinstall windows. My system runs are 50c. It will just randomally stop working. The whole thing just freezes and the only solution is to restart. It's happening way too often.

Also, now my windows music (The one that plays when you boot up to desktop) lags severely. I'm dying here, I have no idea of what else I can do

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 14, 2010 at 01:07 PM
These type errors are often caused by faulty memory. Can you remove one of the memory cards? Try each one to see if you can identify a bad card.

Since you have re-installed the OS your problem would seam to be with the hardware.

Good Luck
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Jun 14, 2010 at 01:24 PM
Hi there,

Remove your ram clean it and reseat in respective slot and start machine,if no improvement feel free to revet back with more information.Add more ram to increase performance.

Thanks
I agree, bad memory or hard drive, could be over heating
Make sure your video card and memory are seated properly

I had a brand new computer that came out of the box with a bunch of registry errors, got a blue screen on second boot until I cleaned the errors
https://www.dataforgecanada.com/