I recently used my WD external hard drive (640 gig for those who want to know) on a computer with Windows7. I recently had to re-install WindowsXP on my home computer due to a cousin reformatting my hard drive. Now for the crux, my external is only listed as an unknown usb device. It is not a "assign it a drive letter" problem because it does not even show up in disk manager. it is not a "delete 1384" problem either because i never had it in the first place, it not listed on my connections. Please help if you can.
- WD external hard drive is unknown USB, Fix?
- HELP my western digital is not recognized (Solved) » Forum - Windows
- Western Digital 1TB External Hard Drive Not Recognized by PC (Solved) » Forum - Hard drive
- External USB Hard Drive don't show up ... (Solved) » Forum - Hard drive
- Unlocking a WD My Book Essential external hard drive » How-To - Hardware
- My Computer won't recognize external HD (Solved) » Forum - Windows