Monitor Going into power save mode

Closed
Kevin - May 15, 2010 at 07:55 PM
 Mcpascaln - Jun 2, 2010 at 01:59 PM
Hello, Lately I've been having a problem with my XPS 420 Desktop computer, everything was fine till a day or two ago when I started noticing for some odd reason the monitor goes into power save mode,I could be on the internet for HOURS upon HOURS but the moment I start up a game like World of Warcraft...within a few min's it goes into power save mode (sometimes even when im surfing the internet). I can tell my PC is still running in the backround because I can hear music or game sounds still being played but my screen is black and I cant do anything..moving the mouse hitting buttons on the keyboard using the tower on and off button just turns it off. So the only way I can get rid of it is to restart the computer.

Also It's a 19 inch LCD monitor that CAME with the XPS 420 computer

1 response

You guys, all the monitor power problem you described was exactly what I was facing. After several tries and internet search, I come across this ultimate fix. Please, click on this link. I believe to the extend possible, your problem will be fixed. The link is here.
http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal/WhyFixIt#Easy

You will have to download the Microsoft tool to work for you. I had done that yesterday and my computer is now working fine