Outlook 2007 problem: retrieves ALL messages

Closed
usahay Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday October 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2008 - Oct 30, 2008 at 04:48 PM
 jesabel - Aug 26, 2010 at 08:20 AM
Hello,

My Outlook 2007 client retrieves ALL of the messages from my AT&T Yahoo! POP3 account instead of just retrieving the Unread or new ones. I have set up Outlook to "leave message copies in the server" so there's about 61,000 messages in my POP3 inbox and retrieving all of them is impractical and time-consuming. This problem only happened recently when I switched to AT&T U-verse service, from it's regular DSL service. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this but all my Account Settings in Outlook are still the same as before when it would download only the NEW and UNREAD messages from my POP3 Inbox.

Is there something I can do to have Outlook function as it did before? I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you.
Related:

2 responses

You need to download a small application called YPOPs. YPOPs is an application that provides POP3 and SMTP access to Yahoo! Mail. Download YPOPs from SourceForge.

When configuring YPOPs, while the default settings are pretty good, I like to customize them a bit.

* In Receiving Email, under download Email Category, I choose to select just Unread email to download so that I won't download all the hundreds of emails I have.

* In Sending Email, I check Save email in Yahoo's Sent Items Folder

* In Miscellaneous, it is good to check Automatically start YPOPs! when Windows starts so that you don't have to worry about launching it everytime you launch Microsoft Outlook.
can i ask what is all message for usahay ?
plzz ..
i whant a answer .