Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Hard disk not detected [Solved/Closed]

mandy - Latest answer on Jan 15, 2013 07:41PM
Hello,
my laptop(acer Aspire 5570Z) while booting says hard disk not detected.....it all happened suddenly ..nothing was wrong with my hard disk as well...my hard disk is 4 months old (HITACHI TRAVELSTAR ) and my notebook is 1 year old...the mesage while booting says.......Pre Boot Execution Environment(PXE) v2.1
Client MAC Addr. 00 1B 24 15 B5 54
GUID 206CA6E6-DB02-D911-8EB7-001B2415B554
PXE-E53:No Boot Filename Received
PXE-MOF:Exiting PXE ROM
Operating System not found
I have tried every thing..have been to almost each and every forum on internet to search the solution but nothing had been working...
I have tried booting from WINDOWS CD ..tried to go into recovery console and also tried to set up windows but nothing worked it says the same thing no hard disk detected.....
I am really very upset and dont know what to do. Is it my hard drive which has gone...i have also tried resetting the bios option to default...nothing hapened ..also took my hard drive out and again put it in the same place ...again no breakthrough....
PLEASE HELP......THERE WAS MY FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO OF MY BROTHER AND HE IS NO MORE NOW. I DONT WANT TO LOOSE THEM.....THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY PAIN TAKEN TO HELP ME OUT
Read more 
Answer
+296
moins plus
hi, think i'm way too late but just in case, go to the BIOS setup, & change the disk controller setting from AHCI to IDE. might worth the try.

khozaa- Nov 14, 2012 04:18AM
Awesome...! thanks a ton
renz- Nov 25, 2012 09:06AM
can somebody tell me how to get to the BIOS setup plzz
Dacoolone- Nov 30, 2012 07:20AM
just press ESC key or delete key when the laptop or desktop is booting..........
young- Dec 13, 2012 06:58PM
Thank you so much. I worked. It is amazing.
imam- Jan 15, 2013 07:41PM
it's doesn't work! please help me
Answer
+80
moins plus
thanks a lot man,

finally after 3 days intense hard work, solved in 5 sec. many experts guided wrong, but i can name "tech guru" - thanks a lot again

uuuuuuuu

ashh- Sep 27, 2009 06:21AM
I have IBM Think PAD suddenly it is having same problem which
all are discussing , i tried with CD to install new window but its not working . Each time
prompt coming harddisk not found and press F3 to restart computer. please help me out with suggestions if i can save money to give to computer repairman.

thanks
javier- Nov 8, 2009 10:05PM
hey you are da man bro it work for my laptop compac presario i went to bios setup and i put disable sata tanks man
Answer
+35
moins plus
Hi Guys, does anyone here know how to disable SATA on HP Pavilion dv7?
For the life of me, I can't seem to find the option in the BIOS setup.

Answer
+12
moins plus
The initial question sounds as though the hard-drive connection had somehow been knocked loose but if you have a data recovery scenario then it's really best to take the machine to experts to solve it. If you are using linux then it's probably something very simple and basic but even if it's quite advanced they might charge at a cheaper rate because linux is so much easier to work with. Data-recovery can cost quite a lot of money so get a quote before telling them to get on with it.

This guide might help other people with a data recovery issue
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DataRecovery

Good luck and regards all from
Tom :)

Answer
+10
moins plus
First thing is to retrieve those Family Photographs - buy an external drive adapter or case - remove the drive and put it in the case - attach it to another computer and copy the files you need.

Just because the drive is 4 months old does not mean it did not fail. I hope you get your photographs back.

Bemith- May 24, 2009 01:02PM
Perfect. Saved my life
kk- Feb 10, 2010 02:24AM
there was window 7 installed my computer.one day it was corrupted and shut down automatically when i was playing one of my music file. now when i try to format it with window xp,it shows message like hard drive is not detected...configuration of my pc is- 2gb ram,core 2 duo 2.55ghz processor, 250 gb hd. please provide appropriate solution.
antiBioticz- Mar 20, 2010 05:05AM
change your hard disk on bios from sata to IDE
Answer
+10
moins plus
Hi,
I have Transcend removable Hard drive.. which is 120 GB with two partition.. One partition drive is able to access .. another one is unable to use.. its not showing the TOTAL Space and FREE Space.. if i double click the same drive ..windows is asking to format.. if i do format, i'm getting the error info Windows was unable to format.

Please help me out to format the drive

Sumanth- Sep 28, 2009 12:18AM
Some times due to the virus attack the operating system can not access some partition. I have already experienced by this problem before 2 months and reinstalled XP. After that my problem was solved. Therefore u should first check wether its working in any computer or u can check it by using some Bootable Partition disk software. But i m not guaranteed for any solution. So try it yourself.
Answer
+10
moins plus
I too had a similar problem with my laptop. My laptop had a virus attack and somehow I managed to remove all the viruses. However there was one persistent problem which was while booting, My documents used to open automatically. Hence I wanted to repair the Windows XP SP2 and so I went to BIOS and changed the settings to boot from CDROM. While booting the installation CD from CDROM, suddenly I get a message: Hard disk not found! This was nightmare. Then I got this solution:
My laptop was new and the HDD was connected to motherboard with SATA, and we need SATA drivers before installing OS. In the likely event of not getting this driver, we could still solve this problem by confusing the computer. Go to BIOS settings and change the SATA to IDE or any other. Then restart the computer. The HDD now can be seen and you can repair or reinstall the Windows XP SP2.

Answer
+9
moins plus
Dear All

I'm facing the same problem, I browse the net and get differnt opinion to download differnt software but it won't work then one of my freind suggested that go to BOOT and disable SATA, then system will detect your drive install wondow xp .

I tried this and this works.

So you too can try.
All the best

Answer
+8
moins plus
hello, i also had your problem, and i changed my winxp cd...it seems that it is corrupted or what.....

SHAKIB- Mar 26, 2010 12:53AM
plz disable sata in boot ,then try...
Answer
+7
moins plus
do not reformat yet.
is it possible to boot in safe mode? try that, i had a problem similar to that before
cant enter the windows, but when i chose the safe mode it did
you can copy your files if youve entered the windows

or

try to buy a new hard disk, then use it as the primary, and see if your old hard disk will function as a slave.
sounds a bit expensive but it might work, if it works, you can copy your files then

goodluck

Answer
+7
moins plus
I have a problem like this which I suspect is connected to the fact that the drive - a WD 1600 Caviar - was once partitioned between XP and Linux.

However, I can access it by loading a Linux "live" system from DVD ( Ubuntu in this case). I can then transfer the files I need to another drive.

Answer
+6
moins plus
With the downgrades from vista to Xp it could be a driver issue? - you will need to go to the laptop manufacturers website and get drivers for xp the main one you need, the one to get the HDD working is a RAID driver, you can download the rest after the install works.

Answer
+3
moins plus
hi thanks

This document entitled « hard disk not detected » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.