Wireless Problems

Closed
Jen - Apr 20, 2010 at 05:27 PM
 Jen - Apr 21, 2010 at 01:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

To make a long story short, my husband had disabled our security on our wireless router so that he could sync his Iphone. He then switched it back and since then we can't connect to our wireless network. It either says there's an error connecting to it, or that the password we entered is wrong. My internet provider said we should contact Linksys bcus it's likely a problem with the wireless security settings and our Macs(we have 2 identical laptops) not seeing "eye to eye."

I don't want to call Linksys cus they want to charge us an arm and a leg to help out. I'm hoping someone here can help before I have to buy a new router. I have no clue how to go about this on my own.

Thank you!
Sincerely,
Jennifer

2 responses

BradMcKinley Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday April 20, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2010 1
Apr 20, 2010 at 06:27 PM
To make a long story short - the quickest way is to start from scratch, really.

Press and hold down the reset button on the router for 30 seconds while it is plugged in to the outlet.

This will clear everything, but will be in a default state. Change the SSID and password to what you want then connect each device to the new SSID with the new password.

If that doesn't work - buy a new router.
Thanks for the responses. I solved it on my own! Yes, I'm very proud! lol Screw Linksys customer service!