Icons on my computer are unresponsive

Closed
fersure - Apr 10, 2010 at 05:53 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 11, 2010 at 05:54 AM
hi
I have a samsung q320 (the black shiny one, not the new white one)
its only about 7 months old, and it used to be fantastic, but its been acting really wierd recently. i looked up the symptoms on another thread which concurred that there was very little about it on the internet and it might be a new kind of virus.
Anyway
(also i'm not a computer whizz so i'm gonna have to explain this in laymans terms :P)
It happened twice that i turned on the machine and tried to click my icon to log in and nothing happened, the colour of the icon changed as it registered the click but then nothing, and none of the other buttons worked either so i couldnt even shut it down. This has also happened once the computer has been logged in, and the machine freezes, but buttons register that they have been clicked but nothin happens. Its also become very slow, and has randomly switched itself off without being told to. It has Samsung recovery solution which normally repairs it (and its needed repairing a lot), but I tried to use it after the incididents and it said it couldnt because a C drive was missing?

anyone know anything about this? it was such a great laptop and it needs to last me till uni, i need it to be fixed :O

and firefox tabs wont close

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Apr 11, 2010 at 05:54 AM
Hello,

I shall prescribe to you a very powerfull medication. It is of very last resort and should not be abused of, as matter of a fact, once you have used it, I suggest you delete it from your system.

To keep your system safe, you must follow the instructions hereunder to the letter:

1. Download Combofix to your desktop.

http://www.combofix.org/download.php

2.Close all open Windows including this one.

Close or disable all running Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall programs as they may interfere with the proper running of ComboFix.

3. Double click on the ComboFix icon.

Windows is issuing this prompt because ComboFix does not have a digital signature. This is perfectly normal and safe and you can click on the Run button to continue.

4. Accept the disclaimer and the recovery

5.You should now press the Yes button to continue. If at any time during the Recovery Console installation you receive a message stating that it failed to install, please allow ComboFix to continue with the scan of your computer.

ComboFix will disconnect your computer from the Internet, so do not be surprised or concerned if you receive any warnings stating that you are no longer on the Internet. When ComboFix has finished it will automatically restore your Internet connection.

While the program is scanning your computer, it will change your clock format, so do not be concerned when you see this happen. When ComboFix is finished it will restore your clock settings to their previous settings.

If you see your Windows desktop disappear, do not worry. This is normal and ComboFix will restore your desktop before it is finished. Eventually you will see a new screen that states the program is almost finished and telling you the programs log file, or report, will be located at C:\ComboFix.txt.

Once you are done, paste the log here and report to me on how your system is behaving.

Good luck

Ambucias