Adobe Flash Form?

Closed
Kev255 - Feb 5, 2008 at 08:35 AM
 Tanner Campbell - Jul 9, 2009 at 06:41 PM
Hi, guys!

I'm trying to learn how to create forms in Adobe Flash, mainly because working with spacing and all that junk with HTML forms is so boring - also because it might just be a way around using forms on MySpace.

I've read a few tutorials on making Flash forms and found 2 ways to accomplish this.

Right now I'm just setting up a newsletter form, next it will be an order form which will be about 10 - 15 input boxes.

http://www.myspace.com/fourthquarterent: the newsletter form is on the bottom of the page (not working right now). It is actually an image background with invisible fields on top of it.

The method I tried was using “geturl” and “get variables”... because “post” wasn’t working fine.

The other tutorial I found says to use something like “form.loadvariables()” - it wasn't detailed at all so I have no clue how to set it up. But here's the tutorial of the one I like (it doesn’t go to a new page, it shows a thank you message): http://www.kirupa.com/developer/actionscri...h_php_email.htm

The tutorial actually includes the source file (.fla). So I'm thinking I might try to learn by picking this apart - but if anyone has a suggestion on how to make a flash form that works very easily using any method...

Thanks by advance.
Related:

2 responses

RAD ZONE Posts 5224 Registration date Friday January 19, 2007 Status Contributor Last seen March 22, 2024 9
Feb 15, 2008 at 01:03 PM
HI

i just made an example few day s ago on kioskea french forum

the EXAMPLE

The files ( fla & php )

RAD
RAD ZONE Posts 5224 Registration date Friday January 19, 2007 Status Contributor Last seen March 22, 2024 9
Feb 15, 2008 at 01:09 PM
LOOOL

I stop drink ;_)) i promise

i didn t answer a the good request !!
Tanner Campbell > RAD ZONE Posts 5224 Registration date Friday January 19, 2007 Status Contributor Last seen March 22, 2024
Jul 9, 2009 at 06:41 PM
Hey man,

I opened your FLA and cut and pasted the frames into a movie I'm making .... I get two errors in the AS3 compiler errors box --

**Error** Symbol 'FUIComponent', Layer 'Actions: Class', Frame1, Line1:1093: Syntax error. #initclip 0

**Error** Symbol 'Scrollbar', Layer 'Actions: Class', Frame1, Line1:1093: Syntax error. #initclip 1

Help ? PLZ?
Hi RAD,

I used your example for the flash form. When I tested the html page on IE6 and IE7, it works fine; but when I tested on Firefox and Safari, it stayed at "en progress" forever. Could please tell me what I missed? I copied the same codes in both Action script and PHP.
i used your example for email form but i don't know what to do to work this email form in my webpage.
can you help me?
what can i do to come the message to my email account?
Anonymous User
Feb 12, 2008 at 02:42 PM
I think there's no easy method to create flash forms. I don't usually use this kind of software program but I think you have to read and to try and try again to understand and so on... It's a habbit to get. (Sorry for my bad English [I'm French])

Good luck and good reading ;)