Connections fine but no IE? Vista

Closed
JJ - Apr 5, 2010 at 04:52 AM
 StripeyChalk - Apr 6, 2010 at 02:21 PM
Cant get IE despite all working fine for months? Connections are strong and have not made any changes to the system, any suggestions?

Thanks

J

2 responses

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Apr 5, 2010 at 07:02 AM
Hi there,

To find a solution for the mentioned connection issue,please refer to link below from official Microsoft website and follow instructions.

Thanks
Probably the most stupid reply in history (mine not yours!) but.... what link?

Also Ive been told about downloads to fix the problem but cant download because cant get on the website to do so...

Still need help Im afraid

from
Techno dummy
I encountered the same thing the other day on a friends PC. When I say "the same" I assume that your IE is opening and then "not responding" straight away, closing shortly after.

In my case, I had to find a way to test the internet connection so I went to the windows update centre and checked for updates... and found one for IE. It was a minor update and i'm not saying that this is a system problem that Microsoft have had to fix. What seems to have happened is that IE didn't want to run without Windows Update having told it that it was up to date with patches and such.

The end of the story is that IE didn't have a problem after that point and my friend now uses Google Chrome as a back up explorer for cases like this.