Recherche
Ask a question Report

I cant see the video [Solved/Closed]

jj - Latest answer on Mar 3, 2014 05:21PM
Hello,
my Windows Media Player is not playing my downloads i can hear the audio? but i cant see the video?
but it will play music videos but will not play movie or shows please help
Read more 
Answer
+194
moins plus
Do to http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/ and download divx, install all the components and your problem will be solved on Windows Media Player.

Mugsey- Jan 29, 2013 03:45PM
I had a problem with getting sound and just a black or barely visible image on windows media player.
I know almost nothing about computers but the advice to get codecs didn't make sense as I'd been playing video's previously.
Long story short, I right clicked on a space on the desktop and selected NVIDIA control panel from the box that appeared, step 2 on the panel that opens says how do you make colour adjustments, select with the video player settings and there you go, pictures.
I don't know if all windows has NVIDIA but it worked for me, try it before downloading unneccessary and possibly expensive codec packs.
mel1980- Jan 3, 2014 09:45PM
thanks so much it helped me to see my video.......who hoooo!!!
SERB89- Feb 8, 2014 08:34AM
I worked for me, for now..
MALDAN1549- Feb 21, 2014 10:20PM
Omg, it worked people!!!!!! Thank You!!!!!1
Elle- Mar 3, 2014 05:21PM
Worked for me!! :)
Answer
+58
moins plus
I can't see any video on my computer ,dvd movies,downloaded movies, but I can here the audio, and ive tried everything . what do I do to fix this problem. I have windows xp home edition sevice pack 2. is it something I can download or adjust on my computer

buixrule- Oct 14, 2009 10:31AM
I did it but it did not work. I installed this. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/indeo_codec.htm

Still no video.
art2010- Mar 27, 2010 04:12PM
I have tried to find a solution for months, and this worked for me too. Thank you so much.
robinsdav- Aug 5, 2013 02:10PM
See also the article : "Video Overlay settings at zero after changing scheme" from intel

http://www.google.com/...
Donalds- Dec 30, 2013 09:32PM
I also have the same problem. I've tried your procedure but it couldn't solve it. help me
chanon01145 1Posts Monday December 30, 2013Registration date December 30, 2013Last seen - Dec 30, 2013 09:43PM
See also the article : "Video Overlay settings at zero after changing scheme" from intel
Answer
+26
moins plus
in my windows player i cant see pictures only sounds coming out

mongo boy- Jun 17, 2009 08:30PM
Windows Media player doesn't support Mpeg files, which is a very common DVD/video file.
you have buy some codec, which IMO is stupid. I'd rather buy a stack of DVDR and just burn the video file to DVD to watch on my DVD player. Just because I can't see it in WMP doesn't mean it aint there. Burn it, then watch it.
Thats what I do.
bonan- Mar 21, 2010 02:24AM
@ mongo boy does it work if its avi
Answer
+22
moins plus
You need to gey a AVI converter or codec. Windows media donst have a codec for AVI's. The best ive tried is Media Clasic Player

Answer
+22
moins plus
Right click on video, click on "Network" tab. Make sure "Use ports 7000-7007" is checked

Chucko- Mar 23, 2010 04:23PM
I checked use ports 7000-7007 and sure enough it worked. I'm just wondering how it got unchecked? Any ideas?
Dil- Mar 24, 2010 06:01PM
what do you mean "right click on video"? on the actual video clip itself? i did, and theres no "network" tab.
toefunny- Mar 27, 2010 10:12PM
THANK YOU!!

If you go to the "Now Playing" tab on top and click it, you should see "More Options". Once you click that, you can find the Network tab and check the appropriate box.
Theresa- May 8, 2010 10:20AM
Wow, a simple solution, that worked for me too, Thanx :)
chelo- Jul 15, 2010 09:24PM
thanks it worked for me. cheers
Answer
+17
moins plus
I can't see any video anywhere, only audio,do you have an answer?

Answer
+10
moins plus
Well, it didn't work for me. I cannot see any video when opening a stand-alone video file in any media program, Real Player, WMP, Quik Time, NOTHING. Frustrating as hell. Running XP

Olly- Sep 25, 2009 08:55AM
Go to the settings of your player. There should be a checkbox, something like "Interlace". Uncheck it and try.
Answer
+8
moins plus
i cant see video on windows media player

Answer
+6
moins plus
DivX Worked for me!! Thanks! :D

Cakes488- Dec 7, 2009 11:59PM
This Divx program also worked like a charm for me as well. Everything automaticall converted and I was watching my movies within minutes of downloading. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!!!
Answer
+5
moins plus
I looked for this setting in all of my media players and couldn't find this setting anywhere. Even a "help" search on the word "interlace" pulled up nothing.

Answer
+5
moins plus
install vlc mediyaplayer

Answer
+4
moins plus
Problem Solved ....:)!

Answer
+4
moins plus
Extract The File(Video) To The Divx Movie Folder And Go to the Folder And Play the Movie From There.
It Should Play on WMP. It Worked For Me And I hope It Works for you guys. Oh Yeah Download Divx If you Dont Got it.

Answer
+4
moins plus
Open the link or file in Gom player - you will see the same issue (no display). Now simultaneously play the link or file in windows media player or VLC, it will play in both.

Strange that Gom player fails to play the file, however its codecs help WMP and VLC to play.
Also note that if we select Gom player to use its internal codecs for ASF files, the files wont play. The default settings of selecting the codecs automatically works.

Hope someone more techie can crack this and give us a solution.

Answer
+4
moins plus
hey bro i had the same problem download sumthing calld k lite codec pack from file hippo

Answer
+3
moins plus
Installing DivX 5.2 solved the problem for me. Thank you all for help.

Clay- May 23, 2009 05:47AM
Thanks, just worked for me too.
Answer
+3
moins plus
I had the same problem and had tried everything. All it took was a simple download of DiVX and I'm fixed. I can watch movies to my hearts content, and it keeps the children quiet. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Answer
+3
moins plus
I found that if you are trying to play an mp4 file Windows Media Player it will not play some formats and it would play movies with no sound(mp4)

I found to answers to 2 problems I had. I am using XP and IE 6.

For the sound I would try www.videolan.org a free program. I could not see vidoes on the net like fancast etc.

Down load a free full version of KLite -codec. It has many codec that video and audio need to play.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/KLite-Codec-Pack-Update/1094057842/4

Try it.

Answer
+3
moins plus
dude divx worked! thanks so much :)

pau- Apr 7, 2010 05:52PM
divx worked thanks so much
Answer
+2
moins plus
Thank you all, that crazy DiVX worked for me too!

1 2 Next
This document entitled « i cant see the video » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.