Speaker Problems

Closed
Betty - Oct 11, 2008 at 09:01 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Oct 11, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Hello,
can someone pleeeese help me?? when i try to play songs thru my computer everythings sounds like its playing really really slow. Girls voives sound like men, and the whole son souns very slow. i tried to up the temp on windows media player but that just speeded p the song, the tune and the voices stayed them same! i have external speakers plugged into my computer and the are doing it to. I want to cry.

please help me?
xx

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Oct 11, 2008 at 11:57 PM
I want you to check if the PC is running at 100% CPU usage. You might have a virus hogging your CPU time.

Start your music player and start to pay a song
enter Ctrl + Alt + Delete (all at the same time)

the "Windows Task Manager" will open - click on the Performance tab - if you are running at 100% then the music player can't keep up.

if the CPU usage is high then select "processes" tab - it will list all the processes running on the computer. Under CPU it will list the CPU percentage used by that process. Your are looking for the one process that is highest. if you click on the CPU heading it will change the sort to show the highest first (click again and it will show the lowest first).

AS a test and for a quick fix (the problem will come back on the next reboot) right click the offending task and select "End Process"

report back on the ID of the high usage task and I can give you more help.

Download Advanced WindowsCare V2 at www.iobit.com - install the software and run it (it's FREE and does a good job of cleaning out your computer.