Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Card Not Formatted error. HELP!

jacob1234 - Latest answer on Mar 18, 2013 11:25AM
Hello,
I have a canon rebel xs eO5 and recently after taking over 200 pictures an error came up saying card not formatted, format card with this camera. I NEED THESE PHOTOS! I've tried putting the card in a different camera, printers with card readers, and an actual memory card reader for my mac. As far as the printer and cameras go, they say the same error or say "not recognized". When i plug the reader into my mac and put the card in, the card doesnt even show up. I know it's not a faulty reader because it worked fine with another card i had. Is there any way of getting my pictures back!? ive tried a few recovery programs but the card doesnt show up. I've heard you can send the card somewhere and someone can get the pictures back but i dont know where? Please help! these photos are irreplaceable
Read more 
Answer
+7
moins plus
I have been having the same problem with my XS. I take out my card then take out my battery. Then reinsert battery and card. Then turn on camera. It has worked for me so far...Hope this helps...
Add comment
Answer
+2
moins plus
I am having the exact same issue with my canon! Hoping you had some luch recovering your pictures!?!?!? Any advice? We have been trying all night to figure out what is going on:(
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Same exact problem. Let me know if you find a solution!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I am having a same issue with my sd card from our camera it worked earlier in the day now cant access said to format it, but will lose everything.. I need those pictures badly. Tried several programs to retrieve them but nothing and I know its not the card reader on my printer it worked prior with another card and on that card too.
I really need those pictures if you find a solutions please let me know. Thank you.
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
and if your done retrieving your files,photos and etc...you can reformat it.im sure you know how to plug your memory card...i hope so...then format it.here's how to reformat your memory card...

1. Plug your memory card into a reader the plug your reader onto your PC, mac or laptop
2. Open your my computer or windows explorer then find removable drive f...be sure not the c: or d: drive.
3. Right click and select format...
4. Under the format data you can see how much is the capacity of your memory card...
5. Select file format FAT not FAT32,FAT16 nor NTFS...
6. Do not check any under the format option then start!
7. w8 and your done!safely remove always your memory card or USB flash drive after your done!
8. enjoy of saving files and taking picture's and save to your memory card or USB good luck!
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I love filming, so a friend of mine was getting married and he asked me if I could make a video for them. I decided to go ahead and make this their wedding gift. Unfortunately one of the memories disks got damaged somehow and I lost a big part of the video memory. I desperately began looking for help. Many of the sites I visited were unsuccessful, until I came across Recoverfab.com. At first I was skeptical, since I had searched so many places and I was not successful. I didn't not have a complete video to give to my friend as their wedding gift. But I still decided to give them a try. And I am extremely excited for the results. They were so professional. They answered my email instantly. I shipped them the disk overseas and before you know it, I got a response from them, and to my luck, it was great news. I couldn't believe it! They were able to do what no one else could do. I am so happy with their services. I will recommend it to anyone who finds themselves in a similar unfortunate situation as mine. Recoverfab.com can recover your lost memory. Should I find myself in another situation like this. I am definitely contacting them again.

Miguel Chavez
Add comment
This document entitled « Card Not Formatted error. HELP! » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.