Ask a question Report

How to retrieve lost files in flash drives [Solved/Closed]

Freezy - Latest answer on Nov 8, 2012 12:59PM
Hello,
Yesterday I went to the net cafe to save my typing job files and its about 7 pages. In their computer my flash drive works well and the it said trojan removed and oh I give thanks to them but the trouble their is that when I open it in my personal computer my flash drive is empty but in if you gonna to go properties on it has a used space and if I gonna scanned it there's no virus on it and I thought it is in the hide mode but it's not. Can somebody helps me about this problem? Please share it on me for I FS files was there and I need it...
Read more 
Answer
+948
moins plus
click start, then go to RUN click then type cmd then press enter
then change the directory. go to the directory of your flash drive then type ATTRIB -S -H *.* /S /D press enter.. wait for a minute if the directory appear. type exit then open your flash drive

Nik- Oct 13, 2012 02:52AM
WOW, THIS REALLY WORKS!!!

I had an year of data......will take a back-up first thing :)

Thanks very much indeed
k3n- Oct 14, 2012 09:39AM
IT WORKED! Thank You So Much! You're an Angel! :)
jomared145 1Posts Monday October 15, 2012Registration date October 15, 2012Last seen - Oct 15, 2012 02:30AM
tnk you so much...... those files was so important tome...

thanks to you very much more blessings to you
elekhsan 1Posts Sunday October 21, 2012Registration date October 21, 2012Last seen - Oct 21, 2012 08:47PM
thank you Faith
karansingh22 1Posts Thursday November 8, 2012Registration date November 8, 2012Last seen - Nov 8, 2012 12:59PM
Hi

How I would change the directory of my flash drive?
Answer
+89
moins plus
your files are hidden
go to tools menu and folder options
select show hidden files
and there u go

Answer
+45
moins plus
Yayy!! succeed in retrieving my deleted data back from my flash drive...
Piriform Recuva works well!!!
Thank you for your suggestion.
i recommend Recuva ^^

vicky- May 23, 2010 03:46PM
jst saved my graduation for me :)
nana- May 26, 2010 08:50AM
Thanks for this!
Zuey- Jun 9, 2010 09:28PM
Thanks a lot... You save my day!
Recuva really works!
Angee- Jun 9, 2010 11:06PM
OMG Thank God for Recuva. Got all my files back that were deleted because of an insidious virus. wheww!
adrian- Jun 12, 2010 12:43PM
Thanks!!!!!!! great help!!!!
Answer
+29
moins plus
i have a video files ( up to 10 GB) in local disk in a day. But next day i would like to see that folder i can't see it .Because that folder is invisible. But memory space(up to 15 GB) is in that local disks.I haven't a perfect soluction to that problem. plz help me to releaf that problem

Answer
+28
moins plus
Hi, I was copying data to my pen drive and during the process, got a error message and when i checked the flash drive there was no data. i get a message "format disk y/n".

I do not have the back up of the data lost. is there any way of recovering the data? please help

Myself- Jun 6, 2010 06:28AM
WORKS GREAT Recuva :-)) Thank youu!
Answer
+19
moins plus
Rescuva works great. I recovered my lost files from my USB drive :-)) I recommand this tool :-))

Answer
+16
moins plus
try it on the start menu below and try search and click on the box that say show hidden files on the usb but i'm not sure about one thing that it might infected by virus that it automatically hidden the files

Answer
+8
moins plus
This way costs nothing and needs no add ons. Just go to word or excel, and on the recent files list, click one of the missing files from the list, and voila!! it is back. Now navigate around your files in the open or save as prompts, and rescue them to a safe location. I think the trick here is that the program remembers the pointer that has been removed (hence you not being able to see the files).

This document entitled « How to retrieve lost files in flash drives » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.