Monitor in Stuck in Power Save

Closed
wahey Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 13, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2010 - Mar 13, 2010 at 02:10 AM
wahey Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 13, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2010 - Mar 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM
Hello, everyone.

When I turn on my computer, I have an orange light on my monitor, and no picture. If I turn the monitor off, then on, it says that the monitor is in power save mode, and I'm not sure how to get it out. I had been thinking about overclocking my cpu, and so I installed AMD overdrive, and then restarted the computer as instructed by the installer, without adjusting anything in the program or opening it. Other than that, and regular windows updates, I haven't installed anything recently other than that and regular windows updates.

When I turn the computer on, there's a few loud whirs from what I'm guessing is my psu's fan that aren't normally there, but after that it seems to boot up normally, the speakers work and I can hear the Vista start up sounds, so I'm guessing that other than no picture in my monitor, it's booting up right.

My admittedly uneducated guess as to what the problem is, is that overdrive decided to overclock my cpu anyway without me having done anything, and it's a bit more than my PSU can handle, so it's not sending picture to the monitor. If this is the case, would a more powerful PSU solve the problem? Or, is it possible to do a factory reset without actually being able to see anything? There's nothing on my computer that I really need, so if at all possible that would be the easiest option for me. Or is there anything else that could be causing this problem?

1 response

wahey Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 13, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2010 1
Mar 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM
Anybody?