Can Webroot Antivirus protect my computer!!!

Closed
DGX - Feb 23, 2010 at 08:17 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Hello,

My computer has gotten a virus maybe from Myspace or some other website on the internet & also this Program

called Security Tool has popped up out of nowhere. It won't let me go on to the internet or allow me to go into

my files on my computer & it also won't let me delete the program beacause I can't find the real name of

Security Tool on my computer. Now I have 2 use my User Account on my computer and my user account doesn't

have any of the music, documents, pictures on my useer account.

Please Write back & help me get Of Security Tool once and for all.

E-mail: dcgx007@yahoo.com
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Hello DGX

I assume, when you say that you can't get on to Internet is that you are using another computer? Am I correct?

If you can connect to Internet, please apply the following steps:

We must first end the security tool process:

1. Download Process Explorer and save it in C:\ folder.
Download link: http://live.sysinternals.com/procexp.exe

2. Rename procexp.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it.
3. Select Security Tool process from the list. Should be 4946550101.exe or similar and press "Delete" button to end the process.
4. Close Process Explorer.

5. In case it got corrupted, please delete the Malwarebyte application you have.

6. Re download MalwareBytes anti-malware:
https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

7. Rename mbam-setup.exe to explorer.exe and double-click to run it. Install, update and run MalwareBytes anti-malware. Then perform full computer scan and remove all found infections.

If you cannot connect to Internet:

1. Click alt+Ctrl+del which should open the task manager
2. Click on the processes tab
3. Scroll and see if you can spot a numeric process or a process called personal security or security.
4. Terminate the process. Do not reboot your computer otherwhise the process will be reactivated.

See now if you can connect to Internet. If you can, follow the above instructions with Malwarebyte.

This should do the trick, if not let me know as there another solution.

Good luck