Mydesktop Icons and Taskbar dissapear

Closed
HELP PLEASE - Sep 28, 2008 at 09:30 PM
ChristianB. Posts 3 Registration date Sunday September 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2008 - Sep 30, 2008 at 01:42 PM
Hello, Please Help ASAP

Running Windows XP SP3

This is my first time posting a message.

ok, this is actually the first this has eve happened to me it was working fine after restart, my taskbar disappeared and desktop icons.
I tried booting into safe mode. The screen stays black but i can see the safe mode in the corners of the screen. the mouse also responds to my movements. I try this
Hit CTrl+Alt+Delete
Choose Task Manager
Choose the Application Tab at the top.
Click the "New Task..." button.
Type explorer.exe and hit enter.
Wait a couple of seconds.
It did not work at all so help please...
Nothing work no right click work nothing except I can use ctri+Alt+del can come with windows task manager..even the safe mode same thing...I try many recomendation on the interner still same problem. When I logon my account or any other account I see new messagethe message is ((Excueting C:\windows\system32\wgalogon.dll)) I also logon to one acount only I cannot switch between account it wont let me logon to another account before loging off. Can some one please help me and tell me what to do to get it back to normal.....THANKS
Related:

7 responses

sounds like a virus u shud take it to a shop or get some one who knows abit about comps,it will just get worse the more u try to log on and off..sorry cudnt be more ov help.
ChristianB. Posts 3 Registration date Sunday September 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2008
Sep 29, 2008 at 06:28 AM
Try deleting below from regedit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\iexplorer.exe
same problem for me also

how can i run regedit if i cant run any thing other than task manager by pressing Alr+crtl+del

nothing is popping up......
ChristianB > yakuja
Sep 29, 2008 at 01:02 PM
Hello

I am from Denmark so I hope you understnad my english. Press Crtl+Alt+ Delete - press file - new job - find Windows map with regedit and delete below

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\explorer.exe

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\iexplorer.exe

See solution here:

http://ccm.net/forum/affich 13643 upon start up only wallpaper shows no icons

Best regards

Christian Brøndum
yes the same thing happens for me .......
and am searching for the solution...
need help ASAp....

and when i connect my hard disk to my frens system it say no partition....
ChristianB. Posts 3 Registration date Sunday September 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 30, 2008
Sep 29, 2008 at 06:25 AM
Tryi deleting below from regedit:

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Trying deleting below from regedit:

Hello

I am from Denmark so I hope you understnad my english. Press Crtl+Alt+ Delete - press file - new job - find Windows map with regedit and delete below

Sep 30, 2008 at 01:42 PM
Did you try below solution?

http://ccm.net/forum/affich 13643 upon start up only wallpaper shows no icons

Delete below from regedit in Windows map.