Excel 2007 "If....Then select Row and move&qu

Solved/Closed
Matt - Feb 2, 2010 at 09:04 PM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Jun 1, 2010 at 07:22 AM
Hi all!

I have what would appear to be a basic question, but can't seem to put my brain around the solution.

I have a spreadsheet on Sheet 1. One of the cells in each row is a validation cell for me, which (based on whether any data is in another cell), spits out a "1" if the job is complete.

I'd like to know how I can tell Excel that if as "1" appears in cell S2, to select the entire row, and move to another sheet, which will compile all our completed jobs.

If anybody has suggestions, they are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Related:

7 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 3, 2010 at 06:12 AM
Does it have to be auto job or could you live with manually firing it?
cujo Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday February 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2010 4
Feb 3, 2010 at 10:41 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with manually firing it off. Just being able to clear completed lines so that other "high-priority jobs" could be moved to the top is what I'm shooting for.

Thanks much!

Matt
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM
Well see if this works for you

Assumption
Main Sheet is called WIP
Archive Sheet is called Done
Presumption is that there are no more than 26 column in the WIP and Done Sheets

Steps:
1. Press ALT + F11 to launch VBE
2. Click on insert an Add a new module
3. Copy the code below and paste on the new module
4. To run the code, (click F5)

Sub cleanup()  

Dim iMaxCol As Integer  

iMaxCol = 26  

Sheets("WIP").Select  

If ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode Then  
        Cells.Select  
        Selection.AutoFilter  
    End If  

Cells.Select  
    If ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode = False Then  
        Selection.AutoFilter  
    End If  

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=19, Criteria1:="=" & 1, Operator:=xlAnd  

ilastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row  

For iCol = 2 To iMaxCol  
        tMaxRow = Cells(Rows.Count, iCol).End(xlUp).Row  
        If (tMaxRow > ilastrow) Then ilastrow = tMaxRow  

Next  

If (ilastrow = 1) Then  
        MsgBox ("Get back to work, nothing is done yet!!!")  

Cells.Select  
            Selection.AutoFilter  
        End If  

Exit Sub  
    End If  

If Sheets("Done").AutoFilterMode Then  
        Sheets("Done").Cells.Select  
        Sheets("Done").Selection.AutoFilter  
    End If  

iMaxDone = Sheets("Done").Cells(Rows.Count, iCol).End(xlUp).Row  
    For iCol = 2 To iMaxCol  
        tMaxRow = Sheets("Done").Cells(Rows.Count, iCol).End(xlUp).Row  
        If (tMaxRow > iMaxDone) Then iMaxDone = tMaxRow  

Next  

If iMaxDone < 2 Then iMaxDone = 1  
    iMaxDone = iMaxDone + 1  

'Rows("2:Range(Cells(2, 1), Cells(ilastrow, iMaxCol)).Select  
    Rows("2:" & ilastrow).Select  
    Selection.Copy  

Sheets("Done").Select  
    Cells(iMaxDone, 1).Select  
    Selection.PasteSpecial  

Sheets("WIP").Select  
    Rows("2:" & ilastrow).Delete  

Cells.Select  
        Selection.AutoFilter  
    End If  
End Sub
Hi Rizvisa1
I am having similar need & having same problem described by cujo, I understood these codes but aint know nothing how to use these, I saved my worksheet as micro enabled & created a macro named "cleanup" & then simply pressed Alt+f11, then tried pasting above codes in module, these sheet & "WIP" as well as "Done sheet, I am using excel 2007,

please guide me how to use these codes, assuming I am not programer but a excel userwho need these for my automation need, I wud realy appreciate ur help sir .. !!
May 31, 2010 at 09:07 AM
I modified the code and instruction. See if that helps you
yep .. its works ..... u r a real genious .. gr8

jst 1 more help plz, can I make that macro autorun whenevr any value gets updated in the WIP sheet?
Jun 1, 2010 at 07:22 AM
possible but results can be unexpected. So I would recommend that you do it manually.
cujo Posts 4 Registration date Tuesday February 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen February 3, 2010 4
Feb 3, 2010 at 02:08 PM
It appears my limited knowledge on the high end programming for Excel 2007 can't compare with most of you. Per your recommendation, I have renamed the sheets accordingly, and copied the code. I assumed this went in the visual basic screen and copied into "This Workbook". When that didn't work on a test, I then added the code to both schets (WIP and Done).

Again, I have a feeling because I've never gotten this granular before in Excel, it's a problem on my part.

If anyone wants to look at the file and give me your thoughts, here's a link to download:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/uag0g6

Thanks again to all of you. Now I realize why I stick doing my job, and never attempted to go into programming! ;)

Matt

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 3, 2010 at 02:17 PM
For whatever reason my previous posts didn't attach to the thread.

I attempted to attach the file to the thread as well, but I'm having problems with that as well.

I have a feeling that because of my limited knowledge at this level of programming, I've done something wrong. Per your suggestion, I have renamed the sheets, and added the code in the visual basic editor. When it didn't propertly work on a test line, I then added the code not only in the "This Workbook" along with the "WIP" sheet and "Done" sheet.

If any of you have a suggestion how I can attach the file to this thread, I'd be more than happy to post it for eveyone's thoughts.

Thanks again!

Matt
aquarelle Posts 7140 Registration date Saturday April 7, 2007 Status Moderator Last seen March 25, 2024 491
Feb 3, 2010 at 02:30 PM
Hello,

I restore the above message thus now you can see the link to download the excel file.

Good continuation
Feb 3, 2010 at 03:21 PM
Ha! I even surprise myself. A small little IT10T error on my part caused the problem.

Thanks greatly..This does exactly what I need to have done. Kudos to you!

Matt