Downgrading vista to xp

Closed
rohan - Sep 20, 2008 at 12:00 PM
 ranjan - Jan 15, 2009 at 04:45 AM
Hello,
I have Hp notebook dv67038TX laptop with pre-loaded vista & I want to install windows XP , can you tell me full procedure to install windows vista to windows xp perfectally with which drivers needed & from where?
i want to degrade form vista to xp but message hard disk not found please help me in the matter.

Please Help me, As Soon As Possibe. Thanks in Advanced. Please
Related:

3 responses

Hi Rohan in order to downgrade vista to xp you have to enter your bios PRESS F12 while in the dell splash screen go down to BIOS PRESS ENTER Scroll down to HDD Then change the setting to ATA When you change the setting you will have a message saying you have to change another setting change that one as well then press escape save and exit reboot the laptop press F12 Choose cd/dvd drive press enter then press any key to boot from cd/dvd and install a fresh copy of xp no problem att all

Hope this guide will help you
kimi
your information on changing the HD settings was just what I needed! Thxs!
Please help me with how to change from F12 key. HDD to AIT
Blocked Profile
Oct 6, 2008 at 10:32 AM
what would be really helpful is if your laptop came with twin load. if your laptop came with twinload this means you got a CD which will let you downgrade to XP with no problem - all drivers included.

if not, you'll need a windows XP disc.

what id do is first right click my computer and go to manage. then click device manager and take a note of all the drivers - ie. motherboard, sound, graphics.

if your sound and graphics etc are built in, thats a bonus! just get down the model and make of your motherboard.

with your XP disc, insert it to your machine and reboot - you need to enter your BIOS which might be F2, DEL etc.

change your 1st/primary boot device to CDROM or something along those lines.

reboot again and follow the onscreen instructions.

NOTE: if you do not have an XP disc, you cannot install XP.