Excel query

Closed
Akki - Sep 11, 2008 at 09:05 PM
harnold31 Posts 13 Registration date Thursday May 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2008 - Sep 12, 2008 at 05:06 AM
Hey there,

I have an excel query which goes like this.
I have 2 excel workbooks
First Excel workbook is called as Campaign Tracking sheet (for each month) which contains between 10 - 16 Campaign worksheets of different campaigns. Each has its Data from Cell E4 : J4

The second Excel sheet or Sheets we have a End of Month report for different campaigns each one is Seperate so we will have between 10 - 16 in a given month. Also in this sheet it has records for different months (July Aug etc etc). The cell range in this sheet is D27 :D32 but they change from month to month it should come between E27 :E32 next month

I tried linking it up thro links but it doesnt help it takes me too much time coz every month i have to manually put the data from Campaign Tracking sheet into the End of month Report for different Campaigns which is really cumbersome. At times you have a probability of a mistake as well.

Now i am looking for a macro where when i open the End of month sheet i use the macro to find the campaign sheet (using Get open) for each month and then give me a combo box which gives me the worksheets (on that particular Campaign sheet) and then i select it and it takes data from that Worksheet and updates it on the relevant fields on the End of month report. This is the only i can think of unless there is an easier way??

I hope i make sense on this.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Your help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Akki
Related:

1 response

harnold31 Posts 13 Registration date Thursday May 1, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 11, 2008 32
Sep 12, 2008 at 05:06 AM
hello,

just try to see the macro help on the forum you might find what you are searching for