HELP micro sd problem on nokia 5800 plzzzzzzz

Solved/Closed
darwin25275 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday January 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2010 - Jan 10, 2010 at 02:32 AM
 stuck - Nov 17, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Hello team,
I still have the problem on my nokia 5800, as per nokia care I need to format the memory card to be able to use it. Do anyone here have a solution? to Ruff95, I can not find the system folder with mmcstore file in it. how can I access it? do I need to hook th phone to pc or download a file explorer for my phone. PLEASE HELP ME.

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2010 at 02:40 AM
Dear Darwin,

Please get to the memory card using a card reader on your computer.

From there just right click on the memory card and select format. This

is the simplest way how you can get it formatted if you are unable to

access to it on your phone.

Thanks in advance.
darwin25275 Posts 4 Registration date Thursday January 7, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2010 1
Jan 10, 2010 at 02:50 AM
Hi ash_perez01,
I can format it on my phone but I still need some of the pictures and videos I have in there plus to restore the back up of my phone (contacts & messages). Someone also advised to do below: I cn not see the settings option on the file manager either the system folder is not shown. Thank you very much for your time and effort to help you must be a very good man. Hoping for your reply. Pls HELP. . . .
* Go to file manager on your mobile,
* In the "Settings" option,
* Choose system folders,
* In the "System" folder there's a file called "MMCSTORE",
* Send that to your PC using IR/Bluetooth,
* Then open it in notepad.
* The password you need for your memory card is in that file
darwin..i'm facing the same problem with my nokia 5800...if you have found any solution then plz help