Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Headphone: sound come from desktop also [Solved/Closed]

sounds comes from desktop also while headphone connected - Latest answer on Dec 16, 2013 04:55AM
Hello,
Though i have connected my headphones, am hearing sound from both the desktop speakers and also from the headphones. very weird!
Read more 
Answer
+23
moins plus
just disable sound in the sound control menu for pc speakers and enable sound for microphone

abc123- Dec 2, 2009 12:47PM
Does this method work with all computers or just some? I have an old Compaq Computer with windows xp. Please let me know. Thank you.
Answer
+5
moins plus
Hi...

Just turn the speakers off when you are using the headphones.

lucky- May 24, 2009 03:10AM
Hi,
I had the same kind of problem once. all u have to do is try reinstalling the audiodrivers.
Follow the below set of steps to reinstall the audio drivers

1.Right-click My Computer icon and select Properties.
2. Click Hardware Tab then click Device Manager Button.
3. Click on the + mark beside sound, audio and game controllers and you will have the list of audio drivers.
4. Right click and uninstall the audio drivers from the unit and once done restart the unit.

After the restart, download and install the audio driver which is particular to ur computer set.

hope this helps..
lucky- Feb 9, 2009 07:23AM
can u explain how to disable and enable the sound devices??
meow- May 24, 2009 12:32AM
hi...i've a sony vaio,,,whnevr i commect headfones the sound comes frm both the headfones awa the laptop spaekers...if i try to manipulate the headfones into a particular position or push'em into the jack a li'l more the sound thn stats cumin only frm the headfones!! is tis a serious problem? wht to do?
is the sound jack bad? or is it the mothrboard? or its smethin else?
plzz help..sme1 said tht the jack mite be loose n i'l hv to get it fixd?
i dun knw wht to do
freak- May 3, 2011 09:33AM
your answer seems very simple but effective thanks......
Artur- Dec 16, 2013 04:55AM
1.Right-click My Computer icon and select Properties.
2. Click Hardware Tab then click Device Manager Button.
3. Click on the + mark beside sound, audio and game controllers and you will have the list of audio drivers.
4. Right click and stop the audio drivers from the unit and once done restart the unit.
fixed mine straight away!
Answer
+4
moins plus
taskbar > double click volume icon > master volume > mute microphone sound alone.....problem solved

Oldtimer- Jun 1, 2011 02:28AM
Awesome...I just assumed that the muting would apply to all sound devices on my Fujitsu (6410) so I never tried the mute button..

In the past, if I rebooted my PC with the headphone jack in place, the sound would come only over my headphones, but if I removed the jack and reinserted it, I would get sound from both my headphones and my PC speakers, forcing me to reboot evey time I wanted headphone sound only. Reinserting the headphone jack while the mute button is on gives me no problems at all as I just unclick the mute button to get my PC speakers back up...Many Thanks!
This document entitled « Headphone: sound come from desktop also » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.