Had blue screen tried reinstalling OP

Closed
its me - Dec 27, 2009 at 06:24 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Dec 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Hello,
I had the blue screen of death that was preempted with the "dumping physical memory" message. I have a ghost disk and tried to use that first but it got stuck at the A: prompt and didn't do anything else. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. I then reinstalled the operating system, but used the disk for my desktop since my laptop didn't come with any reboot disks. I can now use my computer, but am missing drivers and can't get on the internet. In Device Manager the yellow question marks are on "Other Devices": Base System Driver (3 times), Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, SM Bus Controller, Video Controller, and Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I went to dell.com and downloaded some drivers that were for my service tag number, but I'm not having luck installing them in the laptop. An error occurs that says "an error occured whil unzipping. One or more files were not successfully unzipped. The error code is 40." Is this because I installed the wrong operating system? I am at a loss of what to do now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Dec 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM
hi there,

follow this link to download the drivers:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx

Thanks