Why cant i install win xp?

Closed
austwiz Posts 17 Registration date Thursday September 4, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 - Sep 6, 2008 at 03:51 AM
 WishVistaDied - Oct 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM
Hey there,

Well my problem is that I cannot install windows xp actually on my computer.

When I launch the installation and when it comes to the phase when it will detect my hard drive it will tell me that it cant detect any hard drive and though I have checked all the connections and a friend tried the hard drive on his pc yet it wont work, any idea please?
Related:

2 responses

askmehelp Posts 12 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 21, 2009 6
Sep 6, 2008 at 06:33 AM
Your hard drive is surely a sata one and your motherboard is one of the newest which came which sata port and of course windows xp wont be able to detect it since you must first launch the recovery disc obtained with your motherboard. Pc needs some information which it will find on the cd rom and then you will be able to install windows normally
WishVistaDied
Oct 2, 2008 at 12:31 AM
can you be more specific on how to get around this problem? i have the same problem that vista doesn't recognize my harddrive when i try to install. What do you do to get it to recognize it?

Thanks,
I have the same problem with the driver,I can't find it?
What can I do?