Batch file which prompts for input of remote

Solved/Closed
sandman - Sep 5, 2008 at 06:03 PM
fedexpro Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday September 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2009 - Sep 6, 2008 at 03:46 AM
Hi Guys

I want to know if is is possible to write a batch file that prompts you for the computer name that I want to copy files to.

Ie I would like to replace MS office templates with new ones on another PC as the files have become corrupted but I want the program to prompt me for the PC name as I need to do replace the templates for other pc s.

I now I can manually connect to other pc with \\computername\sharename to the user ,but I also want to login with my admin account , but I would like this process o be automatic. any suggestions are most welcome

Thanks
Related:

1 response

fedexpro Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday September 3, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2009 6
Sep 6, 2008 at 03:46 AM
hello buddy,

this process cant be done automatically unfortunately you must put your admin user name and password this is done as a measure of precautions.

for your office suite why dont you want to reinstall it. the reinstallation will replace all the corrupted templates and you will be able to use your office correctly

hope it helps you

fred