Surplus Computer "Beep Sound wont stop"

Closed
Jeff - Dec 9, 2009 at 08:41 AM
KATMAI Posts 23 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2009 - Dec 9, 2009 at 12:16 PM
Hello,

Hi guys, I just bought a surplus computer. I let the seller install a WinXP OS on the Unit after that I went
home straight and tested the Unit. At first everything was ok. Mouse was detected and keyboard was working. I tried the other USB port but my mouse was not detected, then tried putting it back on the working USB but now its not working and i decided to restart the unit thinking I may need to restart the unit. Upon booting I heard a very long beep so I press cntl alt del and it stopped and there was this option that I need to choose between F12 or F1 or F2 I guess. To cut the story short everytime I restart the Unit, I have to repeat myself from doing that cntr alt del thing just to stop the long beep. Regarding the mouse its not being detected by the Unit anymore.

I really dont know what to do.. I wanted to save money so I purchased a 2nd hand Unit. :( please help.
Related:

3 responses

KATMAI Posts 23 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2009
Dec 9, 2009 at 08:45 AM
check your memory... remove and put in the other slot if there is available.
rocajeffrey Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 9, 2009
Dec 9, 2009 at 08:55 AM
>>Check your memory... remove and put in the other slot if there is available.
>>Andrew Buray Jr.

It will proceed to the windows but Its just annoying to hear a very long beep everytime I need to restart the unit and I have to press Cntrl Alt Del first then choose F12 to proceed to the Windows.
Huhu.. I just want it to proceed to windows without hearing that long beep. If I wont press those things above the long beep wont stop.. I hope that will help..
KATMAI Posts 23 Registration date Sunday December 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen December 10, 2009
Dec 9, 2009 at 12:16 PM
bios settings or remove the speaker attached to your motherboard.