Virus/ trojan power cut

Closed
macrosoft0000 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2008 - Aug 20, 2008 at 03:31 PM
 Tidy Cog - Mar 11, 2009 at 09:54 AM
Hello,

I got a virus and trojan...while I was cleaning the mess by using AVG anti virus and Spybot... when spybot windows suggest me to HEAL the trojan the computer switch off sudddenly! as if the power was cut...

since then, my tower is off...no fans or any components seems to have any power going through!

is it possible that a virus cut the power of my tower??

or the computer overheat while I was cleaning the messs?!!!

Thanks in advance,

config:
althon 1800
xp sp2
Related:

7 responses

yeah thats normal for the virus to do that. it happen to me also....then i removed it with the trojan remover. so dont have a cow man its normal XD
The virus did not turn off the PC. I would go with your other suggestion especially since it is an AMD processor.
macrosoft0000 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2008
Aug 20, 2008 at 04:52 PM
what do you think overheat.... the power box---fan...mother board ...processor?

thanks again for your help

jules
The processor more than likely. Does the machine run when you leave it shut down for awhile? Take the case cover off and make sure the processor fan is running.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
macrosoft0000 Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday August 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 21, 2008
Aug 21, 2008 at 04:20 PM
no sounds come out....as if as it was our of power.....
So they system does not even power back on now? Nothing on the screen?
It's protecting itself. Life finds a way.