Ask a question Report

Power Supply LED light on Laptop is blinking [Solved/Closed]

Venkat - Latest answer on Apr 7, 2013 06:18AM
Hello,
I have Toshiba Satellite laptop and it was working fine yesterday. I have plugged-in it with AC Adapter and the AC Adapter has the GREEN light. On front of the laptop, the power supply light (Blue LED) is blinking and the battery light is in RED. Nothing happens after pressing the Power button on the laptop. Thought of faulty AC Adapter and bought the new AC Adapter and the power supply light (Blue LED) is still blinking. How to fix this problem, PLEASE.
Thanks.
Read more 
Answer
+100
moins plus
hi there,

remove the battery then press

power button to drain all the current

then resit battery and plug to adaptor

Thanks

caris- Sep 22, 2010 12:41PM
iT WORKED FOR ME TOO. i HAVE A TOSHIBA SATELITTE
seanie- Oct 31, 2012 05:16PM
it worked on mu acer iswell
DaN- Jan 22, 2013 12:01PM
Its not work for me..
my adaptor still blinking.
my laptop is Benq S41
awn786- Feb 6, 2013 11:42AM
the bit of the lead that is fat, unplug it slightly untill it sparks a bit then blug it back in fully
NickL- Feb 6, 2013 08:30PM
Still having the issue,despite the fix.
Answer
+47
moins plus
That didn't work for me on HP Compaq 6720s. When I press the power on button. I get a blinking orange light where the power cord is plugged into. I have tried three diffrent power cords, 4 different outlets and still doing the same thing.

It worked over the weekend just and when I got to work nothing, just the blinking light.

Any help would be great

chester- Nov 2, 2012 06:58AM
i have an IBM x41 laptop but it was working fine, all of a sudden it went off but if i press the power button it seems to start and after 5 second it goes off.. when i try again nothing absolute come unless i av to remove the battery an put it back. pls am piss off any help
Answer
+13
moins plus
This didn't work for me so what does that mean? I have a gateway M series laptop.

pagemark solutions- Apr 7, 2013 06:18AM
had the same issue with a customers laptop, turned out to be a faulty dvd drive, simply remove the drive to test
Answer
+9
moins plus
This worked for my Hp laptop as well thanks so much! I removed the battery and power cord. Pressed and held power button placed battery back on then plugged in power blinking light stopped and computer turned on.

Answer
+5
moins plus
Universal AC Adapter

There are people who have several laptops in their homes complete with individual chargers for each. Sometimes the long cords and built-in adapters can become troublesome and difficult to handle. In this regard, many people have begun raising questions as to possible solutions to this predicament.

The wonderful thing about the present time is that it is in the mode for globalization and multi-purpose gadgets. The universal laptop charger and the universal AC adapter are latest innovations, much like universal chargers which can be used for cell phones of different brands and universal remotes which can operate different TVs and set top http://www.phaans.com/universal-ac-adapter

This document entitled « Power Supply LED light on Laptop is blinking » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.