Problem with downloading msn messenger

Closed
revelation - Nov 7, 2009 at 02:13 PM
 sahar - May 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Hello,

I have one problem.I can't sign in on my msn messenger.When I press the buttom this appears :"A newer version is avaliable.You must install a newer version in order to continue...." But when I tried to download the lates version some error has appeared and I can't download it!

Can someone help me! I am not good with computers and I don't know what to do!

Computer configuration :

Windows XP
Internet Explorer 7.0
Related:

3 responses

I can't sign in on my msn messenger.When I press the buttom this appears :"A newer version is avaliable.You must install a newer version in order to continue...." But when I tried to download the lates version some error has appeared and I can't download it!
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Nov 8, 2009 at 04:17 AM
hi there,

please give the error code that was displayed

Thanks
The only thing that has appeared when I press 'Download" is :

"Error!
Could not locate remote server

You tried to access the address http://g.live.com/1rewlive3/en/wlsetup-custom.exe which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working."

Maybe this link is uncorrect, but it shows up automatic! But if this link is not correct which one is?

Sorry for bothering you, but I really don't know why I can't sign in without this new version of messenger and then why I can't download it!

Thanks for your willing to help!!

PS :
Sorry for my english, but it is not my native language
I somehow have managed to fix the problem.Now I have an access to my msn.I can sign in.But another problem has appeared.Now the problem is related to 'emotions' or 'smilies'....Some black beckground appears behind the emotions! Or,better to say, something black surround my msn emotions
Why does it happen? How I can remove it ???

Thanks in advance
Joey > revelation
Nov 10, 2009 at 06:23 PM
Hey Mate i have the same problem like you had can you tell me how did you fix it ? i cant download the new version of msn when i click on download it gives me the link you have posted before so wot can i do ? thanks
revelation > Joey
Nov 11, 2009 at 02:29 AM
Hi!
I have followed the instruction I 've read on the net:

1.Right click on yout Windows Live Messenger Icon
2. Click on Propreties, You'll see many tabs, select Compatibility
3.Click on Compatibility Tab.In this Tab you'll see'Compatbility Mode'
4.Check in front of Run this program in "compatibility mode"for:
- if you use Windows XP, select W. NT or 2000
5.Apply and OK this setting

It works now.I can sign in, but some black frame surround my 'emotions'??? I don't know whats wrong.

Let me know if this helps you and do you have problems with emotions!

Btw, i am a girl :)

Bye
swisswasim > revelation
Nov 16, 2009 at 02:54 AM
many thanks, i read your suggestion about the msn fixing. it worked perfectly.
you are cool.
wasim
I have one problem.I can't sign in on my msn messenger.When I press the buttom this appears :"A newer version is avaliable.You must install a newer version in order to continue...." But when I tried to download the lates version some error has appeared and I can't download it!