Cannot recognize SATA WDC Hard Drive

Solved/Closed
Admir2000 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 10, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 11, 2008 - Aug 11, 2008 at 02:05 AM
 das - Jan 15, 2015 at 01:21 AM
Hello,

My computer is running much slower in last few months, so I decided to format it and reinstall all applications, including operating system Windows XP.
After I started the installation and checked for computer setup it comes to the step when I am asked:
If I want to repair Windows XP or
Install new version of XP
I choose Install new, but after few minutes on the screen appears following message:
Your computer can not recognize hard drive, make sure your hard drive is powered on and properly connected
Everything is properly connected, because I still use my PC without serious problems....

The hard drive is Western Digital SATA 80 GB

Do you maybe know what could be the problem, is it problem with hard drive controller or something like that.....

Best regards,

Admir Salihovic
Related:

25 responses

Don't know if this helps, but I changed my hard drive in my fujitsu siemens 2727Li laptop the other one packed up, but when I came to load windows xp it came up with no 'storage drives detected' press f3 to exit set up, so I went into bios and disabled AHCI. Tried again this time I pressed f6 to load the raid drivers, After a short while the screen came up with 3 choices basicly not one of them found a disc so I pressed enter which was the first choice and to my suprise it found it did the partition and 'hey presto' xp installed no problem, Don't know if it works with other laptops though
Many thnx 2 u Bob, my laptop s finaly instaling xp successfully after disablin th AHCI in the bios.

Kip the gud job up..

Dr.
Thanks alot Bob!! Windows xp vienna is now installing....you rock!!!!