How can I map one db into another similar db

Closed
GrievousAngel Posts 5 Registration date Friday October 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2010 - Oct 24, 2009 at 02:02 PM
GrievousAngel Posts 5 Registration date Friday October 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2010 - Oct 25, 2009 at 08:30 AM
Hello,

I need help to map my eBay db into another system (Vendio) to get into other markets.

the db's are very similar of course but the fields (cells) are in a different order. if i had a script (batch operation) to do this in Access or Excel would be great!

All suggestions and details very welcome.

Sincerely thankful,

billy
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 25, 2009 at 04:30 AM
Dear Sir,

Please try using the following information:

SqlCon.Open()

SqlDataAdapter.fill(Dataset1)

SqlCon.ChangeDatabase("DestinationDatabase")

SqlDataAdapter.InsertCommand.CommandText = SQL Query + (Dataset value)

SqlDataAdapter.InsertCommand.ExecuteNonQuery

It will be easy to do and it should solve the problem that you are having, thanks.
GrievousAngel Posts 5 Registration date Friday October 23, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 7, 2010
Oct 25, 2009 at 08:30 AM
hello iveal,

thanks for the help.

can you please list a brief basic outline of what i need to do to activate this script?

i understand that i need to copy/paste your script into a exe file via notepad or some editor, correct?

where in Access do i start the script? do i need to open both related db's first or is that info requested once the script starts?

again thanks for the reply and help. i have used scripts in Photoshop but never in MS products.

later,
Billy