Outlook "not installed" error

Closed
javajini Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 6, 2008 - Aug 6, 2008 at 08:59 AM
 PRASAD - Oct 14, 2008 at 01:00 AM
Hello,

I cannot open Outlook 2003 on my computer. I keep getting the following error:
"Microsoft Office Outlook has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup and install the application." I am the only user on this computer.

Problem started when I downloaded the Windows security updates of July 8, 2008. I restored to a prior date and Outlook ran properly. When I went on vacation, someone used my computer and apparently installed another security update.

When I check the files, it says that Outlook is present, but still won't open. Now, in addition, I cannot open any of the Office Basic 2003 applications.

I have the installation disc, and I need to know, if I uninstall Office 2003 will I lose all of my associated files, such as my Outlook Contact information. If I uninstall and reinstall Office 2003, will it resolve this problem.

I am running Windows XP Professional, version 5.1.2600. Internet Explorer 7.

Thanks for any help you can give. This is my office computer and I need to solve this problem quickly.
Related:

2 responses

kaya_1 Posts 5 Registration date Thursday February 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2009 2
Aug 6, 2008 at 10:32 AM
hi there,

the best alternative would be that you reinstall the application then you wont lose any of your contact.
format the system we have tried for two days but it didnt work. we tried all possible things which was provided by microsoft even tried changing ntuser file but it didnt work.. so last SOLUTION is FORMAT