Ask a question Report

Real Player SP downloading not working [Solved/Closed]

frustrated at gdac - Latest answer on Dec 4, 2012 10:01PM
Hello,
I have installed Real Player SP and have enabled the software to show the download tab when the video comes on the screen (i.e. utube), but when I start the video and that tab should appear nothing appears. If I right click on the video and try to use the download video tab there, it tells my that the file is not valid todownload and to get real player SP which I alredy have? Very frustrating.
Read more 
Answer
+123
moins plus
you should enable the realplayer downloader from the internet explorer add-on.

Try this:
1. Open your IE

2. Tools -> Manage add-ons -> change the status of 'realplayer download and record plug-in for internet explorer' into enable.

Hopefully, it works.

mubb- Nov 1, 2012 06:42PM
didnt work. its already enabled. but no button still apears.
Meg- Nov 13, 2012 03:47PM
Thank you!!!!!!! Worked perfectly and so easy :)))
rpr- Nov 20, 2012 03:25PM
No download button in either chrome, IE or the real player itself. This is on a new win8 laptop.
viper- Nov 24, 2012 05:33PM
I have google chrome. I searched on how to use the real player on chrome. If you start google chrome and go to youtube and try and download a video and nothing comes up. go to chrome://plugins. click on the +sign on the right side and on the left the very first line should say Flash Player, you will click disable. Close chrome completely and then restart it
Mattis2- Dec 4, 2012 10:01PM
If you have a Windows 64 bits, RP will not download videos when using IE as the browser.
Answer
+30
moins plus
I had the sameee problem, and after reading everyone's
i kind of worked it out by 'accident' you could say;

If you open up your realplayer on 
your computer, then you kno along the top where
 there is all the tabs eg, "Now Playing", go along to 
the "web" tab. From there search youtube and then 
the song you want, and the "Download to Realplayer" 
button will automatically appear !

alex- Jul 2, 2010 12:51PM
I tried that but still no "download this video" comes up :/
Bea- Jul 8, 2010 03:04AM
thanks!!!
shashabu- Jul 8, 2010 03:24AM
I use this free download tool,
go to
www. downloadvideos-convert .com
Douglas- Jul 8, 2010 11:53AM
downloadvideo tool is NOT free. There may be a short trial but you have to purchase it later.
Douglas- Jul 10, 2010 04:08PM
Real Player has solved the YouTube downloading problem.

Go to the RealPlayer website and download the update or program for the player you have. I just did and it works fine for me on Chrome.

Hope this works for you.
Answer
+18
moins plus
ALERT (6/29/10): We've become aware that many customers are experiencing a problem with downloading videos. The problem seems to be specific to Firefox and Chrome due to recent updates they've pushed out. We are working as hard as we can to rectify this problem for you. The RealPlayer team is currently testing fixes and we're hoping to have an update out within a week.

Thenoseknows- Jul 1, 2010 12:00AM
I have a similar problem with my Vipre firewall. The "Download this Video" tab did not appear. However, when I disabled my firewall and rebooted, the tab appeared. I cannot figure out how to specifically add this to my firewall exceptions list, as I do not know the specific path being blocked.
Douglas Urantia- Jul 1, 2010 12:23AM
As RealPlayer noted in their ALERT, YouTube has recently added several 'features' that block the RP upload feature. I am sure they can come up with a patch. If I want to download a video, I will use IE which still works with RealPlayer. I would be reluctant to disable a firewall at this time. I will just wait.
Answer
+7
moins plus
you will have to go back to FF 3.6.3 and it will work again.
Find a site where you can download 3.6.3 firefox save it somewhere and then uninstall3.6.4 . All your bookmarks and add ons are still there and will be picked up by 3.6.3.
I have just done it and all is well.
Cheers Kevin, Australia

Paul- Jun 26, 2010 09:04PM
Yep. This is my problem. Its the new Firefox update. I didnt want to wind back my updates so I just used IE8 for YouTube content.

Thanks for the info.
let- Jul 1, 2010 06:20PM
how can i find a site for 3.6.3?
Answer
+6
moins plus
you need to get an update for Realplayer, which shouldnt be a problem seeing as they are all free

Answer
+4
moins plus
I have RealPlayer sp and the downloading works well but I have to use internet explorer instead of FireFox to download the videos from youtube...

Answer
+3
moins plus
Real Player has solved the YouTube downloading problem.

Go to the RealPlayer website and download the update or program for the player you have. I just did and it works fine for me on Chrome.

Answer
+2
moins plus
Dear Sir,

I will recommend you to download the following software that

will be of better use to you:

YouTube Movie Downloader

Thanks in advance.

Answer
+2
moins plus
if you click on "watch this video in a new window" button on youtube
you can download in the usual manner from the new window

Well i can at least !!

Answer
+2
moins plus
I have the same problem. Remember when they updated? I think that they disallowed the use of downloading videos as people were getting free music videos, movies, TV shows and so on to put onto their I pod/mp4 player.

Answer
+1
moins plus
I think your realplayer' version is not compatible with your web browser. As I know the latest version of realplayer works on with Firefox 3.5, Chrome 4.0, I'm not sure about IE. Hope this's helpful for your problem.
(sorry for bad english)

Answer
+1
moins plus
Just solved it by removing Yahoo toolbar - there may be other similar things which cause this but it worked for me

Pat- Jul 3, 2010 12:25AM
THANK YOU !! THIS WORKED FOR ME IMMEDIATELY
Answer
+0
moins plus
Yeah, from the past two days, the "Download this Video" tab doesn't work with Mozilla Firefox. Same problem with Google Chrome. But it works fine with Internet Explorer. Try IE dude, your problem is solved. It is frustrating I know but don't blame it on real player, blame it on FF for releasing an update which doesn't support RP.

Douglas Urantia- Jul 3, 2010 12:33AM
The problem is YouTube not FF, or Chrome. Did you read the RealPlayer Alert that I posted above? And yes it does work in IE but I'd rather have it work on all browsers...
david- Jul 3, 2010 09:03AM
How is the problem You Tube & not FF or RP if it still works in IE? This is a common issue that occurs when FF updates.
Douglas Urantia- Jul 3, 2010 11:09AM
Good question David. According the RealPlayer they have the problem fixed for some areas of the planet but not all. Evidently YouTube USA and elsewhere is still blocking RP for the Chrome browser. As of this morning Jul 3, Chrome will not accept downloads to RP . Evidently IE is not sensitive to YouTube updates...so RP still works in IE, worldwide. I know...it's weird.

RP I suppose continues to test with Chrome and fix the problem for the US.
zzcook- Jul 3, 2010 08:09PM
It isnt just Youtube. It doesnt work on other sites either.
Answer
+0
moins plus
Yes it's working on internet explorer verysion 8 but not on google chrome & mozilla firefox, i try it today it works with internet explo-8 try now cheers........

Answer
+0
moins plus
I have real player basic i can play dvds and music from other forms but cannot play music from any cd that i have. this is the message that comes up on screen.

Your CD may be dirty, or RealPlayer may not be properly configured to play CDs digitally.

I have Multiple sclerosis and find this site easier to handle, please help

Steve

Answer
+0
moins plus
danlot it agiaen arami

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi, try to see if you have the latest version of realplayer. Sometimew when the button doesn't show up or it isn't there, it probably means that the button is disabled. So go to tools and click on preferences..then click on downloading and recording, from there you should then click on either the button that says 'on page load for __ seconds, or only mouse-over, or don't show(downlad is only accessible from right-click.' I would rather use the 'only mouse-over' button, but it's up to you. After that you also go to tools again and click on manage add-ons, and check to see if the download button is enabled. If it is disabled then click on the button that says 'enable.' Hope I helped.

Answer
moins plus
Hi

Real have said that because of the recent update YouTube did, the download no longer works in a usual page

eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTVjPORa6fQ&feature=related

HOWEVER
you can download a video by going to the uploaders channel, finding the video and downloading it from there
BUT
you do get the random URL code in the videos name and in the source.

david- Jul 3, 2010 09:06AM
This doesn't work for me.
kelani- Jul 21, 2010 10:55AM
dozent work .. the button didnt show up ... on internet explorer show ,. az no problem .. but on chrome .. never .. plz any1 have help . told . :)
Douglas- Jul 21, 2010 01:05PM
you have to update Realplayer...go to their site and download the update for your player. then make sure your Realplayer is set to Record Videos. Chrome and Real should work then......
WorksNow- Jul 28, 2010 06:46AM
I just fixed my Firefox. In the address bar type about:config . In the Filter bar type dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npswf32.dll . Change the value to false but selecting it and that is it!!!
Good luck
Answer
moins plus
my real player downloader is writing unable to download what's the problem?please tell me.with my regards

Answer
moins plus
Hi

Forget about Realplayer it is no longer working. Some agreement with the idiots at Youtube. Download Orbit Downloader from www.downloads.com
It is spyware free and it downloads Soooooo fast. It is the best. Never, I mean never go back to realplayer.
Sorry Realplayer people.

V- Jul 1, 2010 02:03AM
Hey so how do you play the video downloaded...? i tried but i cant play the video,
david- Jul 3, 2010 09:00AM
It may be spyware free but it does leave other things lurking in your system that I wouldn't be too happy about.
Ed- Jul 6, 2010 03:11PM
definitely not true what stephen says... With IE RP still process download. For me it was the new firefox update 3.6.6.
1 2 Next
This document entitled « Real Player SP downloading not working » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.