Partitioning

Closed
Tex - Oct 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM
 Tex - Oct 7, 2009 at 01:54 PM
Hello, I have a 30 GB hard drive and it is full. I cloned my hard drive to a new 500 GB hard drive. It came out well, an exact copy of my old hard drive. Now I have 435 GB of unallocated space. I tried going in to Disk Management and creating a partition or a logical drive, but it won't let me create a logical drive. Trying to go the primary drive route does not work or does the extended. Can anyone help??
Related:

3 responses

saturnrocks Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2009 5
Oct 7, 2009 at 12:36 AM
hello,

Have u formatted and partitioned the 500GB hard drive before cloning.... What its model? what os is in that 30gb? Moreover tell your system configuration.

The new hard drive was formatted, the old hard drive was cloned exactly to the new hard drive. The new hard drive is a western digital WDC 500GB Cavier blue , (compatiable with a dell 2350 dimension series). Windows XP, old files, and several years of up updates and a few other programs are on the old hard drive. I can't create a partition.
saturnrocks Posts 20 Registration date Wednesday November 5, 2008 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2009 5
Oct 7, 2009 at 03:21 AM
I asked have u partitioned the 500 gb.. If yes, which drive u cloned your old hard drive....tell me the partition information.. that is how many partitions and sizes?
I formatted the new hard drive and as far as I know there are no partitions. There is 435 GB of unallocated space I can't get to. Forgive me if I don't give you the answer you are looking for. I am new to this switching hard drives and formating.