Search excel for grouped cell contents?

Closed
JK - Sep 28, 2009 at 01:53 PM
 jk - Oct 9, 2009 at 01:02 PM
Hello,
I want to be able to search an excel chart looking for "groups of cells" that have the same sequence of contents. For instance cell 1 would have AB, the next cell 2 would have TZ. I want to be able to search the sheet to find all instances where such a pair of cells with these contents might be located.
I tried separating the search data with ^t and^n, but the program seems only able to locate contents of a single cell.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Related:

3 responses

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Sep 28, 2009 at 09:19 PM
what is that ^n (^ is wildcard symbold)

"next cell" what is next cells. next to the right, down, left or up.

all information may plese be given
If two adjacent cells have a certain pattern of contents, cell 1 has Tz# and the adjacent cell had aK4, and I want to search for all groups of adjacent cells on a work sheet that contain identical matched adjacent contents, is that possible?

Example: Cell 1 Cell 2
Cell Contents: Tz# aK4 Can excel help me find all locations of similar adjacent cells
with identical grouped adjacent contents?

Thanks,
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Sep 29, 2009 at 08:17 PM
Again you have not said what sis meant by adjacent cells to the right or down etc
I assumed it is adjacent cells in the same row.
my sample data is like this from A1 to B7

TZ# ak4
q w
w e
TZ# ak4
r t
t y
TZ# ak4

in C1 type ths formula (or copy paste)

=IF(AND(A1="TZ#",B1="AK4"),1,0)

copy C1 down.

so the values 1 in column C indicate your required rows.
Thanks for the help to Venkat1926. I wasn't being clear and I apologize.

Assume cell S26 has cell contents of [%&]. And the adjacent cell in the row S27 has cell contents of [98*] .

If I want to search the rest of the excel table to find all other adjacent cells that match the same adjacent cell contents of [%&] next to [98*] that I had put in S26 and S27, is there a way to do that?

Sorry for the confusion. Hope this is clearer.
I SCREWED UP. MESSAGE REVISED:

Thanks for the help to Venkat1926. I wasn't being clear and I apologize.

Assume cell S26 has cell contents of [%&]. And the adjacent cell in the row T26 has cell contents of [98*] .

If I want to search the rest of the excel table to find all other adjacent cells that match the same adjacent cell contents of [%&] next to [98*] that I had put in S26 and T26, is there a way to do that?

Sorry for the confusion. Hope this is clearer.