By dos can i take remote pc to transfer files

Closed
vicky - Sep 20, 2009 at 08:28 AM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 20, 2009 at 03:31 PM
Hello,

by dos can i take remote pc to transfer files

i have 35 user which are connected in a network with ip adress, they are not in the domain, i want transfer some files from there pc to the server, without useing remote desktop, if i take remote desktop, user will get distrub,

so i need the substitue option

please if any one know please tell me

thanks you

khan vicky
Related:

5 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 20, 2009 at 03:31 PM
ok, try this.

first, make the directory on the other computer that contains the file that you want to recieve shared.

then, copy all in bold text into a text file, name the file with an 'appropriate name.bat.
When required just run it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ECHO OFF

rem =========================================
rem this line will map a drive to the folder on the other computer
rem replace server with the computer name
rem =========================================

net use x: /delete
net use x: \\server\falcon\data_collection\zipped

rem ========================================================
rem following line will copy directory and all
rem sub directory contents into dated directory
rem replace d:\backup_directory with details of where you wish the file/sd to be save to
rem ========================================================

xcopy /E /I x:\falcon\data_collection\zipped\*.* d:\backup_directory\

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

try that, let me know if it works
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 20, 2009 at 08:42 AM
have a look here
https://www.computerhope.com/nethlp.htm

it describes what you may be looking for.

have you also looked at other software that can connect to a computer without the user knowing and transfer files that way

Radmin is one such program
https://www.radmin.com/
how can i run a programe in a remote pc, by sitting in one place, without useing remote desktop,

description:- one programe that will generate the data nad transfer the file to the server.there will be a time on that time the users data will transfer there files to the server, if there is no connectivity the data will remain in the local pc of the users, so we need that data on daily base, so i need a progame if the connectivity came up so that i can run that programe without distrubing a user
Sep 20, 2009 at 09:38 AM
look at the link below.
http://engr.oregonstate.edu/computing/personal/110

what you can do is map a drive using the above link as reference.

I'm assuming the data you wish to copy across will be in the same directory each time.

could you give an example of the directories that you wish to copy.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
there is a user who is connected in a network with ip adress xxxx ok with default gate way.

the user run a application of pos (point of sale) in his system, so there is another programe called daily close(this programe will take all the trasaction what the user did in a day and make a file) this progame is installed in d drive, called d:/falcon/data_collection/zipped,

so if there is network connectivity avialable when the user is use the daily close programe the data will transfer automatically to the ftp server with the help of ftp progame.

mostly some of the time network will be down so we need to take the data from the user,as we can take the data by using remote desktop of a user, but user will distrub, he used to very busy on sales,

so i need a progamme that have to run in the remote pc user machine without distrubing the user,

that have to run back ground,