Column to row, mailto: link

Closed
sharkb88 - Sep 17, 2009 at 12:43 PM
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 - Sep 18, 2009 at 03:34 PM
Hello,

I have a column of addresses, some are composed of 4 lines of information, others have 5. Each entry is separated from the next by a blank row. I would like to convert these from a column to one row containing all of the information on that address.

Davey Jones
123 Sesame St.
Mesa, AZ 85201
(602) 555-5555

Davey Jones, 123 Sesame St., Mesa, AZ, 85201, (602) 555-5555

The second part of my question involves converting a cell with a mailto: link to the value of the hyperlink. Example: it may display as Send me an e-mail (this is the hyperlink displayed), then clicking on the link opens an e-mail with the address already filled in. This address is what I would like to place in a cell.

Thanks for your help in advance!

2 responses

sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 18, 2009 at 03:34 PM
ok dude, I think what you are looking for is here
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/how-do-i-copy-the-underlying-e-mail-hyperlink-information-from-a.1066124/

it works, i've just tried it

see how that goes
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 17, 2009 at 07:42 PM
what version of excel are you using?

the email question can be done as follows in excel 2007

click on the insert tab in the ribbon,
click on hyperlink
select email address option (left hand side bottom)
type in the email address that you want in the email address field.
edit the 'text to display' to what ever you want displayed, ie 'Send me an e-mail'
click ok
the text to display will be in the cell that you highlighted to insert the hyperlink.

Now when when someone clicks on the link it will open their email client to send you an email.

Have a read here for the copy paste issue that you have raised
http://www.bigresource.com/VB-Help-with-Excel-Macro-Transpose-Cells-QwQh4VjeG9.html
I am using Office 2007.

The question I had regarding the mailto: link was not how to create them, but how to uncreate them or place just the value of an existing link into another cell. Example: Say I had an Excel spreadsheet with a column containing some mailto: links that read "Click here and send me an e-mail", but wanted the actual e-mail address such as legacyfinancial@xyz.com that was associated with that link to be placed into another cell adjacent to the existing hyperlink. How could this be achieved?