DLink DIR-615 will not connect

Closed
Steve - Sep 13, 2009 at 12:57 AM
 guest - Jun 10, 2010 at 09:09 PM
Hello,
I bought a dlink dir-615 7/25. I used the installation CD to get it going and manually set up my wife's desktop to connect wirelessly. I have been using a Dynex PCI card with a Linksys B router with no problem. Just felt it was time to upgrade and secure my network. I am not a computer genius, but I can usually get through issues with some instruction and some time. What I have been reading to get this thing to work should no way be necessary. I have configured this until I am ready to use it for batting practice. Every time something else doesn't work even though the network icons say everything is connected.

3 responses

I was about the flush this XXX down the toilet when I came across DD-WRT firmware option. please google it and follow instructions on how to use their firmware. all my problems are resolved. its amazing how a 3rd party firmware works perfectly and dlink's doesn't.. do yourself a favor never buy a dlink router again.
sharpman Posts 1021 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen October 20, 2010 183
Sep 13, 2009 at 02:03 PM
First, you need to state what your hardware version is. Second, you need to get the latest firmware from the support section of the D-link web site for that hardware version. The DIR-615 HW Vers. C1 uses firmware 3.11NA in the USA. It is very capable imho.