Cannot restart to finish install new updates

Closed
stella712 Posts 1 Registration date Monday July 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2008 - Jul 21, 2008 at 09:38 PM
 Loni - Jul 30, 2009 at 07:21 AM
Hello,

Couple of days ago, I accidentally pulled the computer plug from the wall outlet while the computer was on. The PC can start if I press the power button but it can not restart on its own after it installed new updates. Instead a gray colored a box appears that says : Startup repair is trying to fix the problem. It took about 10 min. to fix and to eventually did restart again. However, most of my windows updates failed to be installed. As you all know, after the updates are downloaded & installed, the computer needs to be restarted to Complete the installation process. So after the updates configures, the PC shuts down and attempts to restart but it could not and it goes though the Startup repair screen every time. Although after the Startup repair screen, it manages to restart BUT when I checked for the status of the updates (Vista security updates & Windows updates), it said these updates FAILED. I am panicking and I am ready to pull my hair out.

Please help!
Related:

1 response

i got the same problem shit
Hello,

I have a similar problem, three updates are rebooting my computer again and again and I can't even get to the desktop screen. if someone has a solution for this problem, plesae reply to this message.
Loni > Adrian
Jul 30, 2009 at 07:21 AM
Hey, I wanna know the answer aswell, because my computer has been on for 3 days doing the same thing as yours. Have you fixed yours yet, because it has been over 4 months since you posted. If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance x