Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

IPod will not sync to iTunes [Solved/Closed]

Riley - Latest answer on Oct 27, 2012 12:09AM
Hello, My iPod classic has been a pain ever since I hooked it to my laptop. At first I had it hooked to the iTunes to my desktop computer and it worked PERFECT.. Then I got a laptop and ever since then it won't play all of my songs or it will play part of a song and I've tried downloading a new iTunes and reloading all my music and it doesn't work. Now it won't even connect to iTunes any more it just says "The iPod ".....'s iPod" cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found" and it does this ALLLL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Read more 
Answer
+18
moins plus
hi there,

Remove iTunes using Add/Remove programs.

Trash these folders:

C:\Program Files\iPod\bin

C:\Program Files\iTunes

Restart the computer.

Reinstall iTunes.

Thanks

Answer
+0
moins plus
press ctr alt delete, cancel device manager. then plug in ipod open itune. worked for me

Answer
+419
moins plus
With your iPod plugged in, select it in iTunes. Go to the music tab and check if the Sync Music is checked. Somehow mine got deselected. Select it again and sync should be ok.

b105- May 21, 2010 04:13PM
i was panicking that i wouldnt be able to sort mine out until i read this! thankyou :)
Ambucias 19507Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration date ModeratorStatus March 24, 2015Last seen - May 21, 2010 04:26PM
Hello Bomber 105

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback, it is very much appreciated as very few do!
phil- Jun 28, 2010 05:21PM
much respect... this worked a treat. Silly that itunes would disable something like that and make it so tough even for an IT guy to figure this out.
wvmom99- Oct 20, 2012 03:26PM
Thanks just helped sync my mac to my itouch! Was so frustrated.
grahasc 1Posts Saturday October 27, 2012Registration date October 27, 2012Last seen - Oct 27, 2012 12:09AM
Thank you - somehow, maybe through iTunes updates, the music sync was not checked. The only alarming thing is the warning message they give you, indicating that you're doing something really serious. However, it took about 30 seconds to do its thing. Thank you again.
Answer
+2
moins plus
If iTunes wont work, click start then Window Media Player, if you dont have Window then you cant do this. when the page opens up, on the top of the page it says sync, click it then plug in your ipod, on the right hand side it says inside a box drag songs, search the songs you want and drag them into the box. If you have as many songs as you want, click sync [which is inside the box] and a message with a bar should appear, your ipod should be downloading the songs, it could take a long time for the tab to fill up so do something you like doing and leave the laptop where it is. After a while the message will disappear, unplug your ipod and do what ever you want.

If that doesn't work go to:
www.imesh.com
or www.realplayer.com
or www.Limewire.com

If they dont work i wont be able to help you!

Answer
+10
moins plus
Hello,

I dont know if this will be too late for you. I had same problem but I was able to fix it. If your ipod freezes itune anytime it tries to sync, just chill, dont disconnect, just remove the usb cable and then its gonna bring a pop up message saying itunes could not read content of ipod and it'll then ask if you want to restore. Before you click on restore button, plug back the ipod's usb and then make sure it is visible on my computer (Properly connected) then you can click restore and follow the instructions. itunes is going to download a software from itunes and then ur ipod is gonna be restored to factory settings.

goodluck!!!

Sparkandy.

Answer
moins plus
I've been having the same problem TOO! Jobs maybe be trying to make us buy the touch. Being little bit pacient I restart my 2nd generation nano couple of times, with it connected. It works all the times. I've just did it three times 1 minute ago and it's synced now. I just hope it's some kind of itunes error, because the latest touch is awful with that lidded hole!

Answer
moins plus
erase all of you songs and your apps and reboot the ipod download qall of the songs over night or when you are asleep it should work. if it is 1 year old or less, the should give u a nu 1

Answer
+23
moins plus
LOL. omg. i have the same exact problem
ive been struggling for 2 hours.
simply shut the device off. then turn it on and sync.
it is so funny how simple the solution is.
i've been an idiot trying to restore it, uninstall then reinstall, trying to downgrade it... all the downloading times.

simple shut it off and try again ^^

This document entitled « iPod will not sync to iTunes » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.