Cant connect my laptops to the internet

Closed
sexiDuchess Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2009 - Sep 3, 2009 at 10:25 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 4, 2009 at 03:18 PM
Hello,
I am not too computer lit at all but have been tinkering with my router and now I can't go online. I uninstalled the router (Linxys WRTG54) and reinstalled it...now none of my laptops (mine, hubby's and daughters) will go online. I know I did something wrong. All of the laptops are "connected with limited access". And two of them say that there is an issue with the network adapter...but in the device mgr...the network adapters are working fine.

I've done the whole unplugging the router and modem for so many seconds and that doesn't work. What have I done to my computers...btw my daughters gonna kill me if I don't get this fixed soon...something about not being able to live without myspace...go figure!!

edited to add " I notice that the message gives the configuration for my DESKTOP PC...two of the laptops are run on Vista and my daughters is Windows xp
HELP ME PLEASE!!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 4, 2009 at 06:03 AM
hi there,

go to command line

or press windows key + r

thenin run type cmd

once there do the following:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Then wait and connect to internet

Thanks
sexiDuchess Posts 2 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 4, 2009
Sep 4, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Hello and thanks for your help. I tried that and the message I got was "an error occured while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection: unable to contact your DHCP server. Request timed out. No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected."

Do you have any other ideas??
Blocked Profile
Sep 4, 2009 at 03:18 PM
there is a possibility that the router need to be re configured, the initial setting have been probably lost, i suggest you read a bit the manual :) check that the dhcp server is enable