I had to do a full system recovery

Closed
tee - Sep 3, 2009 at 12:14 AM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 3, 2009 at 04:10 AM
Hello,
i had to do a full system recovery on my gate way pc. i have xp media center 2005. i could not make a back up of my drives. so after i did the restore on my pc the drives did not come back. my ethernet was gome as well i could not conect to the internet or anything. now this is the only pc in my home. my xboy friend left his operating system disc her for his lap top, but it is for vista home premium 32- bit., i put that in and now i have the internet but i want my xp back. i found all the drivers i need for the xp. and have then downloaded on here. now the only disc i have for my xp is the sysom restor. so i will have to put that back in to get rid of the vista. so i will be doing a complet restor again, and if i do that i will lose the drivers i downloaded for the xp. so how do i save the drivers i found for me to get the xp running again? what i am asking after i take the vista off and put the recovery back in for xp will them drivers i just instaled or downloade still be there or will i lose them again? i dont know what to do please help me.
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 3, 2009 at 04:10 AM
Dear Sir,

You will have to get the Windows XP installation cd to be able to downgrade to XP

Then download all your drivers for your machine

Thanks