Removing write-protection from certain files

Closed
Sany - Sep 2, 2009 at 11:15 PM
 IN VERMA - Jun 30, 2010 at 09:34 PM
Hello,

I have SimpleTech Signature mini hardrive of 500 GB capacity. I use this to store all my downloads and other files. But the problem I am facing is, only some files when I try to delete it will not let me do it and will come and say 'file is write protected' etc., I also tried to uncheck the write protection option from the file properties, still it will not let me delete the file and it just takes up space in my hard drive. And this happens to many of my files while many others still work perfect and will allow me to delete.
I checked all around google and simpletech support pages but cannot find any solution being discussed. But I noticed here many have found write protection successfully removed for pen drive as a whole, I thought I will ask my solution here.
Please help!

thanks
Sany
Related:

2 responses

theonewhoknows Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday September 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2009 1
Sep 2, 2009 at 11:35 PM
have you tried to format the drive itself?that way its completely cleaned of all files?
just make sure BEFORE YOU DO THIS that your hard drive doesn't have special programs
or whatever to allow you to index files or to do things on your hard drive,but if its a basic storage device,just click on it in my computer and then click format (fast).
PL SOLVE MY PROBLEM OF USB DRIVE SHOWING DRIVE WRIT PROTECTED