Can't download programs from internet

Closed
tina - Aug 31, 2009 at 12:58 AM
 cmoney - Aug 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Hello,

I know there is a same topic about this, I already read it and it doesn't work for me at all. My OS is Window Vista Home Preminum and I can't download any software from internet especially Mozilla, which I've been trying to figure out for weeks. I just bought a new laptop and my browser is Internet Explorer. When I click the one I want to download a dialog box will appear, I click run, then it started to read, when it finish another dialog box will appear, I click run, and thats it. It happens in all programs I even try to download different programs in internet. It doesn't say any error message or whatever. I don't know what is wrong? I hope you guys could help me.

Thanks alot!
Related:

3 responses

sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Aug 31, 2009 at 01:17 AM
Dear Tina,

Don't stress ,perhaps it is due to your internet connection settings.

Just Click on the below link for start downloading Mozilla

https://ccm.net/downloads/internet/4553-mozilla-firefox-for-pc/

Kind Regards

Sadgurl
First, thank you for taking time to read my topic and suggest possible solution for my problem.

But I tried to download the link you gave to me and it still work same. I don't think its because my internet connection because I've bee trying it for weeks and I can't download any software from internet. I remember something, when I bought this laptop I download skype from the internet and I don't have any antivirus download here in my laptop, the skype works well and I don't have any problem downloading it even using it. So by the next day I bought BitDefender antivirus, start from that time I can't download any software from internet. I'm just guessing that there is something wrong in my antivirus. I'm not good in computer so I apologize.

Thank you again.. ; )
same thing happened with me but i still cant find it out and i have no antivirus.
sadgurl Posts 697 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 24, 2010 219
Aug 31, 2009 at 09:42 PM
Hello Tina

i was wondering, did you save the installation file on you system before running it?

:)
Actually, that's the other problem, when I'm trying to save it before running, it was not on my file. I don't know where it goes I look everywhere and try to save it many times but it is also doesn't work.
vijay_oo9 Posts 9 Registration date Thursday September 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2009 3
Sep 4, 2009 at 04:58 AM
hi tina you will
fiest download the programs or software and when they ask for
2 options save or run
u will choose the save option
and then after downloading you will see in it
vistas
users documents where a folder is already mensioned name ad doenloaded programs
if the problem presists ypu will mail me at
vijay_oo9@yahoo.com
yeah.. i know.. i think i already mention in my previous post, it doesn't work at all. both of them. i've even try all of the option that i got even in the other post which is same topic but it still doesn't work. this laptop getting my nerves. i never got a problem until i download my antivirus, i think there is connection with that.

thank you.

have a good day!