I had to reinstall Windows XP Home edition, and since my computer won't play any type of audio. I have a big yellow question mark next to Multimedia Audio Controller, and next to SM Bus Controller, both say "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" I tried to reinstall them through device manager, it then asked me if I wanted to search for updates online, so I clicked yes. Then it said it could not find the required software. I have a Gateway PC 2002, IE 6, OS Windows XP Home edition Service Pack 1, and a Intel Celeron CPU 1.80GHz. How can I fix this??
- Mulitmedia audio controller (code 28)
- No Sound, no audio device, and unknowns (Solved) » Forum - Drivers
- Code 10 error in sound drive (Solved) » Forum - Windows
- Audio device on high definition audiobus prob » Forum - Drivers
- Video Controller VGA Compatible Code 28 » Forum - Video software
- Video controller vga compatible code 28 » Forum - Video software
They all say Free download. What crap!!! For starters they want to install something els on your computer, not to mention that that some site after you go throught the process of registering, they want to see your credit card. No Thank you.