Selecting multiple sheets from range values

Closed
Chalk Outline - Aug 17, 2009 at 04:16 PM
Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 - Aug 18, 2009 at 07:32 AM
Hello,

I have a workbook with information that distributes over a number of sheets (for the sake of simplicity call them "Home", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five").

Reports for different functions are compiled by selecting the required sheets (eg the report for Dept1 would be by selecting sheets "One", "Three" and "Four", for Dept2 would be "Two" and "Five").

Currently reports are generated by putting the names of the required sheets in a macro and attaching to a button meaning a new macro for each report or selecting by hand.

I would like to be able to put lists of sheet names into named ranges on page "Home" and have a sub that selects the sheets named within cells eg range 'report1' contains the values

A1 = One,
A2 = Three,
A3 = Four

with a macro that does something like

For Each c In Range("report1")
Sheets(c.Value).Select
Next c

but this method will only select the last named sheet in the range ("Four"). Can I select all the sheets listed in the range. Presumably I would be to use the same selection method to format the named sheets.

Thanks
Chalk
Related:

1 response

Excelguru Posts 261 Registration date Saturday April 11, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 21, 2011 307
Aug 18, 2009 at 07:32 AM
use Union