CANT OPEN LOCAL DRIVE C & D

Solved/Closed
HARRISH - Jul 11, 2008 at 02:18 PM
 adil - Jul 7, 2010 at 06:44 AM
Hello,
RECENTLY MY PC INFECTED WITH VIRUS. WHEN Im LOGIN TO WINDOW....A MESSAGE BOX APPEAR ..ITS SHOWS " WELCOME TO SYAMAS... ENJOY OUR SERVICE". I CANT DELETE THIS KINDA MESSAGE. THEN...I CANT OPEN DIRECTLY MY LOCAL DRIVE C & D.... THEN....I FORMAT..LOCAL DRIVE C ONLY, THEN REINSTALL WINDOW. AT THE FIRST TIME RUNNING WINDOWS, NO MESSAGE BOX.. SUMMORE I CAN ACCES DRIVE C. BUT Im STIL CANT ACCSS DRIVE D. ANYONE CAN HELP ME TO KILL THIS KIND OF VIRUS....
Related:

18 responses

The virus might leave an finger print (autorun file) in each of the drives. so u are not able to open the drives..
follow the steps to remove it ..............

1. go to 'Run" type "cmd' the Command promt window will open..
2. type "cd\"
3. if C drive ,type " C:
4. type "attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf"
5. del autorun.inf

follow these steps with each drives C,E,D etc.....

than restart the computer , you are done, good luck..
File not found autorun.inf
verry good. thanks
Roby > samref
Feb 23, 2009 at 03:07 AM
" File not found autorun.inf " if this message shows it means that is no 'autorun.inf in ur either drives so not to worry (still if you have any prblm in openning the drives ,am happy to help....... good luck.
i typed in the commands u gave at command prompt...it said no autorun.inf found...but still,when I double click the f : drive and the c: drive,the dialog box appears....so,pls help me....
Thanks so much I had this problem and it is sorted out now by your ide I realy very happy for that thanks again and god bless you
Dear Robert.A Thank you very much....
friend I am narendra doing visual communication me 2 have a same problem did u find any solution fr that I can access my c,d,e of my desktop I feel that my hardware problem but now only I saw ur replays than only I ask u plz help me friend
Naren, I can't follow whats wrong with ur sys, if its the autorun.inf (not able to open drives) u r worried about?, just do as I said above. or make clear whats the prblm?ok?
on double clicking the c,d, or any drive it is opening the dialog box for the properties of that drive.
did you tried restoring your system. START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS > SYSTEM RESTORE > select a date in BOLD which your system was running fine > click restore... I think this will fix the prblm......

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Feb 18, 2009 at 02:41 AM
Another good way is to completely erase all your partitions and then reformat the thing completely.
install an auto run eater.. it really works had the same problem too
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
Robert > lizzie
Apr 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM
Welcome Lizie
AS ROBERT SAID DO FIRST STEP AND CLICK INTER REPEAT THIS FOR FOR STEPS THE FIFS STEP KEEP IT AS IT IS I MEAN KEEP THE BLAK SCREEN AS IT IS AND DONT CLICK INTER BUT RESTART YOUR COMUTER , I DID THAT AND THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED THANKS TO ROBERTA
Welcome Roberto!
windowssman > Robert
May 3, 2009 at 02:11 PM
Hey I had this same problem, and I ran the steps and it worked until I would plug in an external HD or a new ipod or any connection from the USB. This would then re-infect the hard drives again... no "spy-ware" showed up but when I would click on the C or D or any drive, it would pop up as a seperate window. Simple answer that worked for ALL drives and cleaned them forever (never had a problem since - 1 year). Check this link out:

https://www.precisesecurity.com/antivirus/
Just scroll down a little click on the link below "download here" to desktop, then double click and presto!

I was skeptical at first but I did some googling and made the leap and all problems have vanished! That "finger print" left behind on whatever virus or spy-ware I had disappeared. Note - I had the problem mentioned in the beginning even after updating all patches from windows and running windows defender, windows mal-ware removal, etc and I didn't go to any harmful sites.
chaotic > windowssman
Nov 2, 2009 at 05:04 PM
Thanx windowssman it really worked like magic
open run then write drive name then colon then enter
e.g.
start- run- c:crud
hi for opening c program we do: start-run,then black window opens. in that what we have to type. I want that. pls tel me clearly.............
hey harrish,
a good way of doing it good is if u hav any software containing autorun file jus copy and paste it to ur maind "D" and "E"(if present) drive then they will ask "do u really want to replace with the new one...jus hit "yes" and let it overwrite the old autorun file which is supposed to be the virus in ur d and e drive....and now you r done...nw this autorun file has replaced the virus...and now you can safely delete this autorun file if dont want it there..

regards
Tabo
Good idea, I tried it once ,but I think it wont work in the matter of hiden files.........
but autorun.inf that present on any drive, when we try to delete this manually a popup window apper saya used by other so how does we replace it with other autorun.inf file while previous used by other one
tabo > neeraj
Mar 23, 2009 at 09:03 AM
heyy neeraj...i didnt mean to delete that first and then replacing other autoruin.inf...i said just copy paste any software's autorun file in that drive and then the problem is solved..and yea if you have the problem that if you double click any drive it opens a search window or something like that then ask me I know how to get it to normal...tc
thanks form your advice mate sorted me out big time .nice one
Dear Robert, thank you very much the problem has been solved.
thanks buddy u solved my big problem.
Dear Robert.A Thank you very much......
Thanks a lot my friend "attrib...." - "del" worked perfectly for me.
i worked on the 5 steps & I was successful to remove recycler
Hi guys , I got a good and fast solution.

just type " e:" or any local drive which one is not opening and try to move or make a backup for ur all file and then right click on the drive and fromat it. . .
after formatting no need to restart just double click and enjoy.
Mine says my drive isn't ready. . .
scan ur drive d yaar than also if the same problems occur than carry on ur first step of drive c