Help with Access

Closed
Mary46 - Jan 23, 2008 at 09:15 AM
melana Posts 70 Registration date Tuesday March 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 - Mar 21, 2008 at 01:40 PM
Hey!

I was wondering if anyone knew a simple way to switch between back end databases using a combo box on a main startup form.

Each user works from their own copy of the front end on their c: drive. There are several back end databases (tables only). All of these reside on the server and each is for a different sector of my workplace. These DBs are essentially the same format, just with different data in them.

The process of switching is simple enough to do manually: Tools-Database Utilities-Linked Table Manager-(select all) and then choose the new location DB with which you want to work. I have been trying unsuccessfully to use a Select Case statement with my combo box to have Access switch paths when a new selection is chosen from the combo box.

I am somewhat new to Access, as you can probably tell, so any help at all is appreciated.

Thanks.

1 response

melana Posts 70 Registration date Tuesday March 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 10
Mar 21, 2008 at 01:40 PM
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/FX100646921033.aspx Use this link my friend :) Its been long