Reformat Problem

Closed
LaptopMercy Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 8, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2008 - Jul 9, 2008 at 03:16 AM
 josh - Aug 26, 2009 at 06:08 PM
Hello,
I have an ACER Laptop. It was a faulty one that I fixed and it took me ages. I wanted to fix it and give it to my sister for her B.day because she can't afford one.
It was working and I had been using it for a while to make sure that everything was functioning as it should. Apart from being a bit slow it all worked.
A tech told me that if I reformatted it that it would run faster.
I got out the disks and began.
When it got through the last disk it asks for disk 1 to be put back in to finish. I do this and it finishes, the disk pops out and I am asked to press enter to begin Windows.
I hit Enter and then the Windows window comes up, the blue line starts going from left to right as though the computer is going to start and then it goes to a black screen that says:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

It asks me how I want to start the computer:

Safe Mode
Safe mode networking
safe mode with command prompt
Last know good configuration (your most recent settings that worked )
Start Windows Normally

It doesn't matter which of these I attempt, the computer won't load.

If I try to start it by selecting Safe Mode. I get a black window with safe mode in each corner and up the top of the window is: Microsoft (R) Windows XP (R) (Build 2600.xpsp.050928-1517: Service Pack 2).

The minute timer icon comes up and then a window appears with the red cross which states:
The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again.

I have run the reformat again but the same thing happens.

I worked hard on this computer and thought I was going to be able to give my sister the best present ever. She really does it hard and I was so please for so long knowing that the computer finally worked and that she would have it soon.

Can someone please help me out? What else can I do? I should have left it how it was. It was running. It was just a little slow..

PLEASE help me out. My sister really deserves so much more. I can't afford a new laptop for her. Money is such a struggle for everyone I know.

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes a look at this.

The disks are the right disks for this computer.

2 responses

i have an acer with an intel atom, its small i had the same problem only mine wasnt working when i took it out of the box, after i bought it, i called technical support and they walked me through how to fix it and now it works normally, this should work on any windows computer, turn of the computer, turn it back on, when the first screen comes up press alt first, then F10 then release them both at the same time, do this repeatedly until the screen turns black, this might take a few tries to get it perfect, then it will load like normal, but a screen will come up saying reformat to original factory settings, click yes and just keep saying yes to everything, then let it install the OS again, this works when the computer crashes or you get a blue screen or anything, its a hidden partition that windows doesnt recognize so you cannot delete or erase it, but since its on the hardrive if your hardrive is broken then this wont help you hope this helps
im havin the same problum and i cant find the answer if you figured it out will you email me?